The Student Room Group

i need help for IR

Good evening

Hi y'all. I'm here to ask you an advice, because I really don't know what to do.
I applied to 2 universities for a MA: one in the UK (University of Leeds) and one in the US (Bridgeport University, CT, USA).
I got an unconditional offer from Leeds, but I didn't accept it yet, whereas I'm about to send a lot of documents to Bridgeport. One of the document asks me to prove a bank statement of 30k, which is a problem because it costs so much.
The Masters concern IR. It's simply called IR in Leeds, whereas it is called Global Development and Peace at Bridgeport.
I would like to go to the US but 30K required are a problem, whereas it wouldn't be in the UK, as it costs 6000£.
Simply, what would you do? I don't know why I'm obsessed to the fact that there are more opportunities in the US, but at the same time I know that the difference is made by the student and his/her talent.
Maybe I could search for a cheaper uni in the US (even if it exists) or ask for a scholarship next time (because like an idiot I submit the application without asking for the scholarship as I thought that the money issue was a secondary thing after the response of acceptance/refuse)
How about uni quality? At Bridgeport there are good internship opportunities, but apart from this I don't know anything, same story for Leeds
I could postpone my university entry and start at January trying to search other solutions like I said mmm.... I could simply go to Leeds and end of story stop.
I'm gettin mad.. really..
Also I'd like to live extra EU in the future (US, Canada, Australia or Asia) consider this.

Thanks in advance

Luca
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending