Need help for p.s. Watch

backydio
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey guys, i've just done my as and expecting to get aaa and i am planning to write my ps for my unis.the thing is that i wanna combine econ and management together in my p.s. will it dwindle my chance to get the offer?
im going to apply cam; lse(for both econ and mana)warwick....
btw i don't have any gcse coz i didn't do it.is that a big problem if i am a oversea student?
Russell_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
y the hell are you applying to cam if you want to do econ & management when oxford offer E&M? if you're applying for straight econ or straight m'ment then the tutors may well ask why you have written about both. lack of GCSEs - do you have other equivalent qualifications?
backydio
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
no but only my chinese qualification which doesn't count,therefore i've only got a-level result...

thx for the infor but could you tell me more bout the oxford e&m stuff and the interview process. i didn't know that anyway i like the city cambridge more than oxford
Realist101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you can apply for straight econ and E&M. i thought one has to write a separate statement for oxbridge.

what i think you should include in your p.s:
evidence of mathematical ability
good written skills
EC'S
work experience
wider reading
outside interests
and what you hope to gain from studying economics to degree level.

I am sure others on TSR will have other things you may wish to include, but that is what i used in mine.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by backydio)
no but only my chinese qualification which doesn't count,therefore i've only got a-level result...

thx for the infor but could you tell me more bout the oxford e&m stuff and the interview process. i didn't know that anyway i like the city cambridge more than oxford
Read the prospectus, browse the Oxford website, and search/post on the Oxford forum if you're really interested and bothered.
Theorist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since you're applying to LSE this is what LSE say they look for in a personal statement.
We look for an original, personalised statement which should demonstrate that you have a determination to excel. To this end, your extra-curricular activities are considered to be important. Work experience is also useful (although not critical) and we are particularly interested in what you have gained from the experience.
Here's the link:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/und.../economics.htm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads