jeanuva
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello!

I have just received an offer from the University of Manchester for Politics and International Relations. I am really excited about this and I would like to know how is the program in the University, the teachers, lecture and seminars.

I appreciate your comments!

Thank you.

Jeanmiguel
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jeanuva)
Hello!

I have just received an offer from the University of Manchester for Politics and International Relations. I am really excited about this and I would like to know how is the program in the University, the teachers, lecture and seminars.

Thank you.

Jeanmiguel
Congratulations! :five: I've just finished my politics degree at Manchester. Given my time over again, I would definitely come back to Manchester - I don't think I could have been happier anywhere else. There's a lot of variety in terms of the modules that you can take http://courses.humanities.manchester...?department=13 which is really good because it means that you can almost always avoid taking any modules where you're not interested in the subject matter :awesome:

Lecturers are always going to be a mixture, but on the whole I've been happy with them - the legends outweigh the odd duff one by a long way. Lectures can be large, especially towards the beginning of your degree, but it doesn't matter because you're broken down into seminar groups of ~15 anyway, which is the point where you are meant to ask questions. By final year, you're in lectures with about 40-50 people in, and seminar groups of ~10.

Honestly though, I've had a blast, and there's a part of me that's a little bit envious of you being at the start of your degree!
LonelyPlanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello!

Thank you.

Jeanmiguel
Guess I will see you in Sept then!
I've accepted an offer for Law and Politics so will probably share some lectures together
kappa1995
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello!

Thank you.

Jeanmiguel

Hi!
I am an international student and I have received an offer for the same course! where are you from?
Kpowz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kappa1995)
Hi!
I am an international student and I have received an offer for the same course! where are you from?
Same course as you both!, currently already live and am from manchester, will be 24 when starting the course, what about you people?
kappa1995
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kpowz)
Same course as you both!, currently already live and am from manchester, will be 24 when starting the course, what about you people?
I'm from Italy and I will be 19, are you going to stay in the students accomodations? I haven't done the application for those yet!
Kpowz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kappa1995)
I'm from Italy and I will be 19, are you going to stay in the students accomodations? I haven't done the application for those yet!
Hey, nope I am going to be living in private accommodation quite close to uni and manchester
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Do you get study leave?