StaceyAlsworth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm studying... A-Level: English Literature and Language, Psychology and Media Studies.

University: Creative Writing

I'm interested in... Cosplay, Creative Writing, Literature, Anime, Swimming, Game of Thrones
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by StaceyAlsworth)
I'm studying... A-Level: English Literature and Language, Psychology and Media Studies.

University: Creative Writing

I'm interested in... Cosplay, Creative Writing, Literature, Anime, Swimming, Game of Thrones
Hey Stacey!

Sounds like we've got a lot in common! How are you finding your A-Levels? Hope the exams and revision is going well! Where are you hoping to go to uni?

We've got loads that we can offer you here on TSR! Apart from all our Study Help forums which can help you with revising and our Universities forum when you're at uni we also have loads for you to chill and relax with!

You've got the creative corner and writer's society to share your creative writing stuff.

Then we've got a forum dedicated to books and literature, plus loads of threads on anime including an anime society and a huge Game of Thrones thread!

So many goodies to offer you!!

Really look forward to seeing you around and welcome to TSR!
melinae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Game of Thrones! And cosplay, awesome! Do you make your own costumes?
StaceyAlsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by melinae)
Game of Thrones! And cosplay, awesome! Do you make your own costumes?

Hey! Occasionally. It's really if I have the materials and time-frame to make my own costumes. I'm sort of okay with basic sewing? But I make all my own props
Obviously once I start attending university I'll be buying less of my costumes because I won't really have the finances to buy costumes with all the shipping? But hopefully I'll be allowed to take the sewing machine with me so I can begin making more of my costumes!
melinae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by StaceyAlsworth)
Hey! Occasionally. It's really if I have the materials and time-frame to make my own costumes. I'm sort of okay with basic sewing? But I make all my own props
Obviously once I start attending university I'll be buying less of my costumes because I won't really have the finances to buy costumes with all the shipping? But hopefully I'll be allowed to take the sewing machine with me so I can begin making more of my costumes!
That sounds awesome, and that's exactly what I did! (Just finishing 3rd year now) Do you go the MCM events?
StaceyAlsworth
Rep:
?
That sounds awesome, and that's exactly what I did! (Just finishing 3rd year now) Do you go the MCM events?

Yeah I do!! I've been going since I was in Year 8, haha. Though for the past year and a bit, I've been going to more than just the London ones. Been to Birmingham twice but that's about it?? What conventions do you attend??
My next one is AlCon in Leicester (I think) in September.
melinae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oooh thats where Im from, haha! Is it any good? Im thinking about going to alcon but ive heard mixed things. XD I went to birmingham early in the year but it was a little disappointing, I much prefer the one at Telford, midlands mcm if you ever get the chance to go!
StaceyAlsworth
Rep:
?
Oooh thats where Im from, haha! Is it any good? Im thinking about going to alcon but ive heard mixed things. XD I went to birmingham early in the year but it was a little disappointing, I much prefer the one at Telford, midlands mcm if you ever get the chance to go!
I've never been to alcon before but it seems good! A lot of my friends have gone and I'm excited to experience the cosplay masquerade ball and rave! Ah I went to Birmingham expo in March but compared to the London mom it's very disappointing. And I've never been to the telford mcm but perhaps sometime in the future!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads