Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel B GCSE Geography - Unit 2 - 22nd May 2014 watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that the exam is over...how did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    loved it all tbh, so much better than unit 1

bit miffed about the globalisation question, i forgot he World Trade Organisation, only wrote about world bank and IMF, but not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone answer the 8 marker on urbanisation? What did you write??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I loved it! I found it much better than the physical geography paper!
    However almost EVERYONE I spoke to after said they found it hard so I'm sure if anyone is worried about how they did, the grade boundaries may be in your favour!
    The only question that caught me off guard was the 8 marker concerning economic activities in mega cities in developing and developed countries, what did people write for this?

ReputationRep:
    I failed it

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about informal and formal economies, call centres etc
    I also put in some stuff about tertiary/quaternary sector incomes

ReputationRep:
    The paper was amazing, so pleased with it.

For the last one I wrote about informal economy in Mumbai. Finance in London and TNCs. Manufacturing in developing world and more secondary sector jobs. And stuff like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICB)

bit miffed about the globalisation question, i forgot he World Trade Organisation, only wrote about world bank and IMF, but not the end of the world
    Same- such a nice paper after Unit 1. Oooh, on that question I did a similar thing. I couldn't think of much to write about, despite mentioning WTO. I put down IMF, but couldn't remember what it meant. It was 6 marks, but I'm sure we both picked up a couple of those .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random20)
    The paper was amazing, so pleased with it.

For the last one I wrote about informal economy in Mumbai. Finance in London and TNCs. Manufacturing in developing world and more secondary sector jobs. And stuff like that!
    same!! But London isn't a megacity tho... i wrote about NYC instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prerana)
    London's population is 15.5Μ

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICB)

definitely agree with you on that point, after having the unit 1 paper i was expecting it to be extremely hard but it wasnt that bad at all... though the word order of the questions threw me a bit, the way there were ordered was slightly confusing?

can you remember what the last 8 mark question was for challenges of a rural world?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about New York as well! I think London is now classed as a mega city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    London's population is 15.5Μ

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay i remember from one of my case studies that it was around 8 million but okay its probably one of those dumb outdated ones... Anyway i hope you did well^^ what did you write for the sub-Saharan thing...?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about New York as well! I think London is now classed as a mega city
    oh thats good!! I found it way way way better than the first paper tbh what did you get on you CA btw?

ReputationRep:
    oh thats good!! I found it way way way better than the first paper tbh what did you get on you CA btw?
    I got 47 or 48, you?

ReputationRep:
    In my 8mark question

i think its q5

i wrote about Liverpool and London

it was kinda hard

compare to last years paper there was no 8mark q but only 6marks!!! exam stress

ReputationRep:
    oh okay i remember from one of my case studies that it was around 8 million but okay its probably one of those dumb outdated ones... Anyway i hope you did well^^ what did you write for the sub-Saharan thing...?
    I talked about Tanzania and their decline due to exploitation of fdi's such as china. They slightly improved infrastructure during development time, although the world banks stopped funding their aid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 47 or 48, you?
    wow!! i got 44... do you think decision-making is gonna be good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    I talked about Tanzania and their decline due to exploitation of fdi's such as china. They slightly improved infrastructure during development time, although the world banks stopped funding their aid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh ok... my school never thought us this tbh... I talked about Uganda and world coffee prices and aids/hiv... by the sound of things you aced the paper cos in my opinion those were the two hardest questions and your points are pretty solid.

ReputationRep:
    oh ok... my school never thought us this tbh... I talked about Uganda and world coffee prices and aids/hiv... by the sound of things you aced the paper cos in my opinion those were the two hardest questions and your points are pretty solid.
    Screwed up the last 8 marker on challenges of an urban world though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.