*EDEXCEL GCSE GEOGRAPHY A* - Unit 2: 22/05/14

Watch
Gladiatorsword
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
as the title says, this thread is for those who completed the edexcel geography a unit 2 gcse paper today!!!
so guys..how did you find it?????
fudgeboy989
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ironic how this paper demanded case studies in nearly every long question-_- I thought all of the paper was very good except for the very last 8 marker in challenges in an urban world - just had no idea what to write

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandabear1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everything was fine but i messed up the SPAG 6marker thing for watery world. lost 10 marks i guess -.- what do you think the grade boundaries are gonna be?
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pandabear1234)
Everything was fine but i messed up the SPAG 6marker thing for watery world. lost 10 marks i guess -.- what do you think the grade boundaries are gonna be?
its sort of hard to predict as the paper has normally been out of 53 or 54...ours is out of 69
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
ikr...i had no idea what to write for the SPAG question
Pandabear1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was gonna write the three gorges dam but idk why, i scribbled it all out and wrote about the walkers thing -.-

do you think the grade boundaries wld be high?
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
Sorry I did question 4 on waste, but the spag question was still confusing and slightly misleading
Its hard to tell because section a wasn't too bad although many people may have lost marks in section b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joshua697
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did people put on the last question on watery world? Some of my friends did the three gorges dam and some the Tigris euphrates system
nelizabeth_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Joshua697)
What did people put on the last question on watery world? Some of my friends did the three gorges dam and some the Tigris euphrates system
I did Three Gorges Dam, Tigris-Euphrates is the water conflict I think
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone remember what the 4marker was on change in the economy of the UK?? I completely failed that exam..
I talked about the wrong thing on the 8 marker on urban challenges will I still get spag?
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do u think the grade boundaries will be??? For a B?
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
Hey guys..
having looked at the grade boundaries for all the past papers,
i found that an a* has always been hovering around 80-85% of the total marks.
in our paper, 80-85% would be between 55- 59 marks out of 69 for an a*.

PLEASE NOTE:this is just a prediction and could even go down as many people found the paper difficult or could go up.
Prerana
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what did people get on their CA
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gladiatorsword)
Hey guys..
having looked at the grade boundaries for all the past papers,
i found that an a* has always been hovering around 80-85% of the total marks.
in our paper, 80-85% would be between 55- 59 marks out of 69 for an a*.

PLEASE NOTE:this is just a prediction and could even go down as many people found the paper difficult or could go up.
it was out of 78?
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
Its normally out of 54 or 53 but this year it is out of 69 marks
You may have done geography b if yours was 78

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kirankhalsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gladiatorsword)
Its normally out of 54 or 53 but this year it is out of 69 marks
You may have done geography b if yours was 78

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh okay! i completely failed geography B just hoping for extra low grade boundaries. any suggestions for grade boundaries in geography B?
Ezgi_18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, what 6 mark question do you mean by the 'watery world' coz im wondering whether i have answered the question wrong or just done a different section thanks. And i hope u have done very well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gladiatorsword
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kirankhalsa)
ohh okay! i completely failed geography B just hoping for extra low grade boundaries. any suggestions for grade boundaries in geography B?
hey. you probably did well - dont worry!!
sorry, but i haven't studied geography b. but you can go on the grade boundaries to see approx. what percentage of the total mark an A* or A or B may be as the grade boundaries don't fluctuate that much.
suprajasivaramak
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did anyone do the 10 marks question on the wasteful world? Would u still get the marks for SPAG even if u haven't answered the question very well?
Mr.Samba
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For those who are confused, there is a Geography B thread. There is Geography A and B, both Edexcel, and both completely different.

If you haven't studied a Wasteful World, or a Watery World, then you probably did B.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.09%
No (279)
71.91%

Watched Threads