Turn on thread page Beta

Happy independence day to all watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say happy independence day to all Indians and Pakistanis. I also hope you remember the millions of people killed during the partition

ReputationRep:
    happy independence day

ReputationRep:
    us brits don't have an independence day.. is that because we aren't independent? sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    us brits don't have an independence day.. is that because we aren't independent? sucks.
    whats the point if we did anyway, you'd only get some PC idiot claiming that its offensive to the racial minorities when they openly admit that it doesn't affect them *sighs*

happy independance day though

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you were successfully invaded by the Normans. And we're still around today.

What's so great about 'independence' anyway?

ReputationRep:
    'look at us... we can fund ourselves' nah.

ReputationRep:
    happy independance day! woot

ReputationRep:

most of the countries who have independence days are celebrating independence from Britain.
    so when you get some ignorant British people going "yay it's American independence day!" what they actually mean is "yay, i'm celebrating the death of loads of british soldiers!!":rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.