Today was the final exam for anyone doing english lit on the wjec board
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo -a big whoop was needed-
how did it go?
any of you doing it next year?
what part did you answer :smile:
heh i hope all of you did amazing :smile: -thumps up- for results
Reply 1
Yay it's all over!!!!! Until next year because I'm taking it for A-Level :wink:
I did A View From The Bridge and Lord Of the Flies and surprisingly I found Lord Of The Flies easier to do.
What was unfortunate is that both 10 mark questions were on mood and atmosphere which I struggle with.
Overall it wasn't terrible but at the same time it was amazing so I'm happy :smile:
What books did you do?
I found An Inspector Calls easier than Heros to.
(edited 9 years ago)
anyone do blood brothers
Reply 4
Original post by LoubiiLuu
I did A View From The Bridge and Lord Of the Flies and surprisingly I found Lord Of The Flies easier to do.
What was unfortunate is that both 10 mark questions were on mood and atmosphere which I struggle with.
Overall it wasn't terrible but at the same time it was amazing so I'm happy :smile:
What books did you do?

haha yeah well at lease you have a summer off :wink:
oooh i did a view from the bridge too!! what question did you answer? and i did a christmas carol too which was alrightish
omgg i hate them too, we were so not prepared for the questions because we ran short of time and were 4 weeks behind schedule :P
yh i was 50.50 right now!
yh i feel so good, throwing away soooo many of my english things now since i am not doing it next year
I am doing it next year! I already have an A from last year and I retook it for with the hopes of an A*! I think I got into it more closer to the end - I didn't really like the view from the bridge essay questions (I do VFTB and LOTF) because although they were relatively nice questions, I didn't have much to say after a while. I chose the Rodolhpo one because I knew |I would run out of ideas for the title (or whatever it was) much faster.. I know it is like the bridge between law and justice, and Alfieri arguably signifies the bridge - but one of my friends picked it and she told me she talked about how his house can be seen from the Brooklyn Bridge (I was sure it was directly under the bridge) and I imagine I could have thought of something better than that, but I'm glad I did Rodolpho because I said he was basically the catalyst to Eddie's downfall. For LOTF I chose the violence is always present thing and talked about how verbal violence is everpresent, especially between Jack and Ralph, and that it gradually becomes physical violence as the boys descend into savagery..and I put in some stuff about Jack being a choir boy - the leader of the choir (typically angelic) and how it is the island itself which creates violence, and that Jack represents violence all throughout the novel, at first holding back as he is still in touch with the rules he had under adult authority, throwing sand and rocks aiming to miss, then gradually getting to the point that he pushes the boulder that kills Piggy. I also mentioned the choir boys walking up the beach like a snake (/beast) and wrote something about the 'Kill the pig' chant. I'm not as confident for this exam as I was for the 1st paper (OMAM for me, and unseen poetry), but I think I will have done fairly well.

Original post by LoubiiLuu
What books did you do?

Yeah I kind of struggled with the mood and atmosphere..I just resorted to explaining what was dramatic about the extracts..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zoelle
haha yeah well at lease you have a summer off :wink:
oooh i did a view from the bridge too!! what question did you answer? and i did a christmas carol too which was alrightish
omgg i hate them too, we were so not prepared for the questions because we ran short of time and were 4 weeks behind schedule :P
yh i was 50.50 right now!
yh i feel so good, throwing away soooo many of my english things now since i am not doing it next year

whch question did you do on a christmas carol
Reply 7
Original post by sibtain123
whch question did you do on a christmas carol

haha i forgot for a second there! i did the family question !! how about you?! :biggrin:
Reply 8
For a view from the bridge I did the Rodolpho question. I found that difficult because I find him quite a boring character within the play despite the fact he's in the majority of the scenes. However I did say he was important because Eddie's jealousy over him and Catherine was one of the main causes for his downfall.
For OMAM was quite pleased with the questions and the unseen poetry was difficult but got better once I got into it and actually understood it :')

For Lord of the Flies I did it on Ralph as I found it easier to remember quotes such as him "weeping for the end of innocence." However I found it incredibly difficult to fit context into it. Somehow I did though! I'm hopefully going to get A's in Literature and Language as those are my target grades :smile:
Original post by Zoelle
haha i forgot for a second there! i did the family question !! how about you?! :biggrin:

same but I found it difficult. what did you write
Reply 10
Original post by sibtain123
same but I found it difficult. what did you write

i wrote like mainly about the cratchets and how even though they are poor in wealth they are rich in love and have the Christmas spirit, they are the representation of poor families in the Victorian era and blah things like that :P

i then spoke about like each individual person in the family, especially about like tiny tim and bob cratchet and then i slightly mentioned belle and how the poorer families are more in content and then i like rambled on a bit about the fred, the gatherings, scrooges family and the fezzelgets

it was really difficult!
what did you write about? :smile:
Reply 11
Did anyone actually answer the second Heroes choice question: What do you think about the ending? - That's hard.
Original post by micycle
Did anyone actually answer the second Heroes choice question: What do you think about the ending? - That's hard.

I know one person who did, but it was obviously the harder option.

Quick Reply

Latest