Turn on thread page Beta

First dream! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had my first GCSE results dream last night, I'm not sure if it was good or bad. Basically, I opened my results and there were all sorts of subjects I hadn't taken like 'Photography' and 'Health and Social care.' I also had some sort of Mechanics qualification (probably derived from me wondering whether to do Stats or Mechs for A Level maths) which didn't even have a grade next to it. I think I got straight As but I seem to remember feeling incredibly upset because I didn't get an A* in Maths. God it was very bizarre! Oh and the results slips were bright yellow like Post-it notes...:rolleyes: :eek:

Sorry I just had to share it with someone

ReputationRep:
    wow seems like nearly everyone is having dreams. I haven't had any yet! I think if you stop thinking about them too much then the dreams will go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papillon)
    That's not bad at all. ...these dreams are creeping up on me also. A few days ago I dreamt I got all A*s ( :p: ), then maybe a day or two after the only thing I can remember was getting my maths results (which was not what I wanted). Makes sense. Eh, I should stop thinking about school/results/anything closely related before I go to sleep.

Anyway, not long now.

In fact, centres receive results via EDI on the day after tomorrow. :eek:
    :confused:

EDI? And do you mean GCSE results? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papillon)
    Yes, of course, GCSE results. Incidentally, that is also A-level results day, but results are always released via EDI one week before the actual result slips arrive.

EDI - electronic data interchange. Simply the results are sent electronically to schools using the service. I have no idea what the format is, but it wouldn't be very efficient printing it out (as it's most probably in a broadsheet format). But yes, if your school uses EDI, they'll get the results Thursday. I read it on one of the exam board’s site – but I can’t find the page now :p:

And if your school uses Edexcel Online, they could find out, if they wanted to, on the 23rd from 00:01!

Ah...I'm not exactly with it when it comes to technological abbreviations.

That's scary. I thought the results got sent in the post :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've also had a number of dreams, the best was having 8 A*'s and 5 A's, the worst was having 2 B's, 2 C's, 4 D's, 4 E's, an N and a T. This is weird because I don't even do as many as 13 GCSE's and I wasn't aware that there was such a grade as an 'N' or a 'T'. I haven't had any for a while though.

ReputationRep:
    I think about results all the time but i've never had a dream! But saying that I never remember any of my dreams so I've probably been having one every night. So if the school receives our results on Thursday, who has access to them, our teachers?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Apparently the teachers can see them, my French teacher said that she would be able to access our results the Thursday before official results day. I think this is only if your school receives them electronically, though I may be wrong?

ReputationRep:
    O god, I hope i don't see any of my old teachers then before I get my results - some disgusted looks may be coming my way! How awful would that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty123)
    O god, I hope i don't see any of my old teachers then before I get my results - some disgusted looks may be coming my way! How awful would that be?
    Lmao :p: I felt that way when our art teacher marked my coursework. He didn't look too pleased but hopefully that was all in my mind...:afraid:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol, I know, I live not far from my French teacher, I'm tempted to pay her a visit and hold her hostage until she reveals to me my results. At least that way we will know what the looks are for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    Lol, I know, I live a few streets away from my French teacher, I'm tempted to pay her a visit and hold her hostage until she reveals to me my results.
    Lol, go for it! :p: I think I'm just going to hide away at home until results day :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I had a dream aswell - it was strange. I dreamt that I got an A in my physics GCSE (after having recieved 154/135 hahaha) and was only two marks off an A*. Then I rubbed it into my best friend who loves Physics and only got 149 after 2 months of revision!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol, go for it! :p: I think I'm just going to hide away at home until results day :rolleyes:
    Lol, I always wanted to make front page news, but for something good, like finding the cure to cancer, or for prosecuting Osama Bin Laden lol. Not for holding my teacher hostage, but the more I think about it...

154/135 and still only two marks off an A*, I hope the grade boundaries are not that high lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe fortunately I don't have that problem of living close to one of my teachers. That is one weird dream!

ReputationRep:
    I've had about two dreams regarding GCSE results, although I can't remember them that clearly. I know that in one of them, I opened my envelope and I had achieved all Bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I've had about two dreams regarding GCSE results, although I can't remember them that clearly. I know that in one of them, I opened my envelope and I had achieved all Bs.
    I've had a similar dream; I'd achieved Bs in pretty much all of my subjects, but a U in English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMasterPieceOfDNA)
    I had my first GCSE results dream last night, I'm not sure if it was good or bad. Basically, I opened my results and there were all sorts of subjects I hadn't taken like 'Photography' and 'Health and Social care.' I also had some sort of Mechanics qualification (probably derived from me wondering whether to do Stats or Mechs for A Level maths) which didn't even have a grade next to it. I think I got straight As but I seem to remember feeling incredibly upset because I didn't get an A* in Maths. God it was very bizarre! Oh and the results slips were bright yellow like Post-it notes...:rolleyes: :eek:

Sorry I just had to share it with someone
    I had the exact same dream in a way. I had a pink slip with my GCSE results on and subjects i hadnt even taken like Resistant Materials, Music, Latin and Environmental science and they were all Cs and Bs and all my teachers disowned me is was all.... :bawling:

O WELL...

ReputationRep:
    oh but these dreams are really fun i've had about 3 now and it really gets the adrenaline going when i wake up and remember them and ah so exciting!

ReputationRep:
    i had a dream i got a B for English

ReputationRep:
    so did anyone have any dreams last night about the results?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.