The Student Room Group

Changing my Uni but not sure if I can get finance

I am a second year student and want to change my course and uni, which means that I will be starting from the 1st year because I want to change my course entirely. would I be able to get Finance as this will mean that I have another 3 years will I be able to get student finance
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Tiffey
I am a second year student and want to change my course and uni, which means that I will be starting from the 1st year because I want to change my course entirely. would I be able to get Finance as this will mean that I have another 3 years will I be able to get student finance

Unfortunately you don't have another 3 years of Student Finance funding left. The calculation is:

Number of years of your new degree (minus) Number of years of previous uni-level study (plus) One year = Remaining years of SF funding

In your case you've already done (partial years are counted as complete) 2 years of uni study. The calculation therefore gives you 3-2+1=2 years of SF funding remaining. Those will be for the second and third years of your new degree. In the first year, you will have to self-fund apart from a Maintenance Loan - which means paying your own tuition fees and most of your own living costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending