The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Actually why was this bumped... dubious.
Reply 41
airtones
I'd avoid the course like the plauge. If your good enough to be a doctor you don't need to go to prague to do it! Its a dirty option for those who have the money to do it. I know as a doctor I will look down on graduates from prague and I certainly wouldn't rate them as highly as those from the UK.

Why would u not rate them as highly? If anything it shows determination, to leave the country you live in and your family and pay A LOT to get into medicine when you couldn't here. As above it was said the ones who are not gd enough for the course simply drop out. I flunked my A levels, im resitting and reapplying and i probably wont get in, that doesnt mean if i went to prague im not gd enough to be a med student here cos i know damn well if id tried harder in my 2 years of A levels i would have got AAAa and then it was a matter of applying again and again till i got in. So do not ever look down upon someone else...
airtones
I'd avoid the course like the plauge. If your good enough to be a doctor you don't need to go to prague to do it! Its a dirty option for those who have the money to do it. I know as a doctor I will look down on graduates from prague and I certainly wouldn't rate them as highly as those from the UK.

The fact is if I had got a place in a uk medical school I would have gone simple as that!
I am not saying it’s a better option to studying in the UK, all I am saying is if you have no other choice it’s a good option and the standard of education is not bad by any stretch of the imagination.
Also when I moved here it was not an expensive option. My school feels are only 10 000 USD and the cost of living was a third of what it is now (I paid 80 pounds per month in rent). Overall I worked out that it would have only cost me an extra couple of thousand per year. It’s a completely different story now. The Czech currency has gone from 55kc to the pound to 30kc/pound, on top of that the cost of food and living has doubled.

Mind you, I am not complaining as I bought a bit of property here So I have covered the cost of medical school :smile:

As to why the thread was bumped, I just happened to put “Prague and Medicine” in google (I have a cold so I am home ill with lots of free time on my hands lol) and wanted to post because there was a lot of inaccurate information here so I thought I would post thats all.

I don’t really give a crap if people decide to come to the university or not, I was just trying to help out.

Prague is not for everyone, my own brother is studying here but I don’t think my parents should have sent him as he does not have what it takes. He in bright enough to study medicine but just does not have the stress and time management skills he needs.

18 months and I am moving back to the UK to join my partner
airtones

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending