immense010
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm just finishing off my final year dissertation on Magic Squares. Does anyone know of any application of magic squares, apart from general interest and puzzles (Sudoku-X etc), mathematical or otherwise (preferably with sources)?
Smaug123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by immense010)
Hi guys,

I'm just finishing off my final year dissertation on Magic Squares. Does anyone know of any application of magic squares, apart from general interest and puzzles (Sudoku-X etc), mathematical or otherwise (preferably with sources)?
https://cp4space.wordpress.com/2014/...s-and-crosses/
Otherwise, I'm not aware of anything…
lerjj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by immense010)
Hi guys,

Nope. My advice is to google the hell out of them, read every linked page from Wikipedia and to look at any formulas that emerge from them and see if those formulas appear anywhere else.

For instance: Wiki claims that it can help solve the n-queens puzzle, which is a generalized chess puzzle based around positioning queens. If you mean practical applications, then I don't have a clue, but the forumla thingy would appear to be a better starting place.

Not really sure why I'm trying to advise a Uni student though since you probably know all of this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise