The Student Room Group

Help please need advice

Hello
I am from india
I have just completed my edexcel HND diploma in Business. I am in sort of a dilemma. I want to convert my diploma into degree. The best university according to ratings , is Heriot-Watt university for my particular situation. Heriot -Watt however has a four year course unlike other universities like Northumbria and Kent who have a special top-up course. My question is will going to Heriot-Watt benefit me and is paying two years tuition fee and accommodation fee actually worth the outcome. will the degree from Heriot-watt help me get a better job or into a good B school for my MBA?. If not heriot-watt which other university will be the best for me?
Original post by SPY21
Hello
I am from india
I have just completed my edexcel HND diploma in Business. I am in sort of a dilemma. I want to convert my diploma into degree. The best university according to ratings , is Heriot-Watt university for my particular situation. Heriot -Watt however has a four year course unlike other universities like Northumbria and Kent who have a special top-up course. My question is will going to Heriot-Watt benefit me and is paying two years tuition fee and accommodation fee actually worth the outcome. will the degree from Heriot-watt help me get a better job or into a good B school for my MBA?. If not heriot-watt which other university will be the best for me?

Take the rankings with a pinch of sale. The don't mean everything. They should only be viewed as a rough guide, and your choice should be based on more than where a University sits on X or Y league table.

Another good point to take is that people without a degree can do an MBA! That's down to your work experience, so no, your undergraduate University won't hinder you.

There are also more Universities that offer 'top up' courses than you think. Like Glasgow Caledonian which offers third year entry. (so essential two years left of the course).

I suggest you research Universities based on what you want/need personally, baring in mine that rankings aren't everything.
Reply 2
Original post by pmc:producer
Take the rankings with a pinch of sale. The don't mean everything. They should only be viewed as a rough guide, and your choice should be based on more than where a University sits on X or Y league table.

Another good point to take is that people without a degree can do an MBA! That's down to your work experience, so no, your undergraduate University won't hinder you.

There are also more Universities that offer 'top up' courses than you think. Like Glasgow Caledonian which offers third year entry. (so essential two years left of the course).

I suggest you research Universities based on what you want/need personally, baring in mine that rankings aren't everything.

Okay so according to you considering my situation. how should i select the universities.
and is there a site where i can view the colleges that offer direct third year entry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending