Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing A-levels in chemistry, maths and history...ive got physics at AS and i am considering on taking up biology AS in the second year. I want to do dentistry but im not sure i could get in because i wont have biology at full A-level. Will they consider me if i can get the grades??? Ive done the other voluntary service stuff and im aiming for 100hours and have also done work experience at a dental clinic. But the whole biology not at A-Level is really getting to me!!!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at dental school websites - I would have thought the BDA would have links to them. They will tell you what subjects they expect you to have...

ReputationRep:
    The main subject requirements are Chemistry to full A Level, along with one other science/math based subject and you have Maths. You also have AS Physics, and AS Biology will be a bonus, but not strictly needed.

ReputationRep:
    its ok coz u hav chem but a lot of them ask 4 biol @ AS
    i did physics @ AS 2 but dropped it
    i suggest take bio AS its not 2 bad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2006

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.