The Student Room Group

Is this sweet or too try hard?

My boyfriend (of four months) is snowed under with revision right now and really stressed, I was thinking of getting a burger delivered to his house from a really nice takeaway company (not some little burger, a big gourmet thing with bbq sauce and halloumi etc etc) - not sure if it will be seen as too tryhard/desperate though and don't want his housemates to take the piss, what do people think?

Scroll to see replies

I think that's a really cute idea, go for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nawwwh that's cute :smile: and besides it's free food who does not love free food :wink:
Persoally I think this is a really sweet and awesome thing to do.
Why would it be seen as 'try hard'?

But yeah, it seems like a nice thing to do
It's an awesome thing to do. Would love it if a girlfriend done that for me. Shows you care and are selfless, to a certain extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
For a bf of 4 month this seems fine and a very loving idea to me. Why are you worried about it? So what about his housemates! Maybe you should give him a clue not to eat beforehand though..
Reply 8
You should probably tell him first though, otherwise they'll all go to the door like "wtf we didn't order food".
Nah it's fine, go for it! I bet he'd really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend (of four months) is snowed under with revision right now and really stressed, I was thinking of getting a burger delivered to his house from a really nice takeaway company (not some little burger, a big gourmet thing with bbq sauce and halloumi etc etc) - not sure if it will be seen as too tryhard/desperate though and don't want his housemates to take the piss, what do people think?

That's kinda sweet, go for it
It's sad that people miss out on sweet gestures for fear of seeming 'too try hard', do it!
Did he enjoy the burger?
Reply 13

His housemates will take the piss, but tbh he prolly won't care. Go for it, it is a very good idea
his housemates will take the piss but only cos they're jealous he gets regular sex AND free food
Reply 15
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nah it's fine, go for it! I bet he'd really appreciate it :smile:

N'aww you're an old romantic at heart LP :smile:

Awwww that's cute! Definitely go for it :wink: xxxxx
Reply 17
Free food = winner in every circumstance.
When I read the thread title I thought you'd written him a poem or something! This is very cute and he'll appreciate it, do it :smile:
Original post by FKLW
N'aww you're an old romantic at heart LP :smile:

*blushes* yeahhh I guess I am FK! :tongue: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending