Text from Leeds Met Watch

im_smartypants
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Did anybody else get one of these texts from Leeds Met around 1ish today? For those who didnt get it, mine said 'Looking 4ward 2 seeing u in Sept. If u need any info pls get in touch on 0113 283 3113 or see www.leedsmet.ac.uk. U will get ur welcome pack shortly. Leeds Met'

Any idea whats in this welcome pack?
Bee_87_X
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I got it this morning, have no idea what'll be in it though. Was thinking maybe reading lists and stuff for whatever course you might be doing? Term dates, events and stuff like that too I should imagine =)
Camkey
Report 12 years ago
mine didn't say anything about a welcome pack? it just said good luck and see you in Sept! will that be because my offer is only conditional?

or are they going to be mean and not send me one at all..:p:
im_smartypants
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Proabably because the offer is conditional. I guess their texting machine will send you a nice welcome pack one in a couple of days
Crampy_uk
Report 12 years ago
The welcome pack there on about will have alot of infomation about freshers week, mainly when the fairs are on, whats going on at the union and probably some promotional flyers from a few bars...oh and some course info! (not that its the least important thing in freshers)
Kil-Kev
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i just remember the mobile number i put into the ucas thing is my old one, so some stranger will be getting a text from Leeds met, haha
nat_the_princess
Report 12 years ago
i got one too. Oh My Lord I am soooo excited about uni now only a few weeks to go wooooooo
Clairely_Now
Report 12 years ago
Oh i thought i was special . . . turns out EVERYONE got one lol :p:
turbochargedk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got one as well.
stanglish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Crampy is correct of course. You just get a couple of bits relating to your course and a pile of general "guide to uni" stuff including the usual glossy bits that tell you about freshers fortnight... and probably a few ads for good measure.
Masterplanner
Report 12 years ago
iv had 2 off leeds met now, got one saying

"congratulations welcome to leeds met your place has been confirmed. dont forget to 2 send ur AS12. look 4ward 2 seeing u in sept."

whats an AS12?
nat_the_princess
Report 12 years ago
Your AS12 is what you get off UCAS when you have confirmed your place with them.
turbochargedk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You have to send the slip at the bottom of your AS12 back to the uni when you recieve it to confirm that you will accept their un-conditional offer, otherwise you are not in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise