The Student Room Group

Is this sweet or too try hard?

My boyfriend (of four months) is snowed under with revision right now and really stressed, I was thinking of getting a burger delivered to his house from a really nice takeaway company (not some little burger, a big gourmet thing with bbq sauce and halloumi etc etc) - not sure if it will be seen as too tryhard/desperate though and don't want his housemates to take the piss, what do people think?
I think it's a good and sweet idea - will save him taking time out from revision to cook, and they do say that the route to a guy's heart is through his stomach :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cloclomarie93
My boyfriend (of four months) is snowed under with revision right now and really stressed, I was thinking of getting a burger delivered to his house from a really nice takeaway company (not some little burger, a big gourmet thing with bbq sauce and halloumi etc etc) - not sure if it will be seen as too tryhard/desperate though and don't want his housemates to take the piss, what do people think?

It's a great idea, I did something very similar about a week ago and my boyfriend absolutely loved it! :biggrin: Anyway, who cares about his housemates, you're dating him and that's all that matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be thrilled if someone did that for me. And now you've planted the idea in my head, I need go out and buy a burger with BBQ sauce.

If he acts like that's too much then he's clearly not worth your time anyway. The kind of guy who'd refuse the gift of home-delivered hot meat isn't a keeper.

Quick Reply

Latest