Why do girls overthink things

Watch
NCLStudent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
e.g girlmates,girlfriends they just seem to think things ar going for example im in relationship girl mate texts me my girlfriend say ow stop flirting ( it wasnt flirting normal convo)
WitnessMO
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
from reading this thread, I think boys do too
Aivicore
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why does OP make an assumption about girls rather than about the one girl who did the thing?
Zen-Ali
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because women are thinkers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02MBBEgM4lI
NCLStudent
Rep:
?
Tbh i am dyslexic and struggle with sentence structure and gramma.

:sorry::shot:
NCLStudent
Rep:
?
:bricks::blushing::damnmate:
chukster97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NCLStudent)

Tsr forgives u
NCLStudent
Rep:
?
YAY I even put a fullstop ^:party2::party:
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone overthinks things. My girlfriend overthinks thing, I overthink things, my lecturer overthinks things, the prime minister overthinks things.

If we're ever worried about something, there's a chance you'll try to imagine what the outcome would be, and it usually ends up being far from what would actually happen and we make ourselves more worried.
NCLStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
Everyone overthinks things. My girlfriend overthinks thing, I overthink things, my lecturer overthinks things, the prime minister overthinks things.

If we're ever worried about something, there's a chance you'll try to imagine what the outcome would be, and it usually ends up being far from what would actually happen and we make ourselves more worried.
thanks yeah thats true maybe i should stop and think about it from othersides
JamJam87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

:hugs:
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure. I agree that more girls than guys probably overthink things. I certainly do.

It is possible though that guys just tend to ignore their thoughts whereas girls allow them to guide them and vocalize them.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think overthinking tends to be a sign of insecurity. People overthink things when they are anxious about them.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
e.g girlmates,girlfriends they just seem to think things ar going for example im in relationship girl mate texts me my girlfriend say ow stop flirting ( it wasnt flirting normal convo)
Is that meant to be "Why do girls overthink things? I seem to think they do. Here's an example: the other day, after receiving a text from a female friend of mine, my girlfriend said "ow, stop flirting" even though the conversation was innocent"?
NCLStudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by keromedic)
Is that meant to be "Why do girls over think things? I've noticed that girlfriends will tend to assume that I'm flirting with any girl I've a platonic relationship with. Just the other day, after receiving a text from a female mate of mine, my girlfiend said "ow, stop flirting"."?

yeah that was my point ha
Lovinlife2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
Maths is far easier and make sense, women like to be as difficult as possible and don't make sense to anyone but themselves
Sorry but Maths and other subjects are man made - they're made by humans, so it has be "easy" because we made it. However, humans themselves are biologically structured without our grace. Humans react to social situations in various different ways, psychology has proved it. Please don't say that "women like to be as difficult" as possible because the same can be applied to men too.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Guys please keep this on topic and friendly, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads