Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    You are a girl, you can be forgiven for buying crap, it is your genders favourite past time.
    You are a boy, you can be forgiven for talking stereotypical bull ****, it is your genders' favourite passtime.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    You are a boy, you can be forgiven for talking stereotypical bull ****, it is your genders' favourite passtime.

niceone! Shes got you there JJ.

ReputationRep:

Talking sterotypical ******** does not cost any money

ReputationRep:
    lol. So true.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Nope - it just costs you respect

ReputationRep:

I'm glad you got there before I did, PQ! I've spent a silly amount of money (in my books) over the last 2 weeks, but I had an excuse - I had my friend staying, who'd never been to England before, so I had to take her round places. I've also had to do a bunch of shopping for my mum, which has cost me a bit and she hasn't paid me back yet :mad:

Blissy - I respect your self control! I wish I were that good - I'm not bad with money, but still could be a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I think i'm addicted to spending money and shopping. Everytime I leave my house I spend money like it grows on grass never mind trees. Sometimes I don't even need to leave my house with the bloody internet being so Handy.
    Take today for instance, went for a quick drink in town, ended up spending £60. I think i'm going to go burn my debit card.

Does anyone have any less drastic tips to help me curtail my spending?
    Try freezing your credit cards! Seriously! So you cant just 'use them' as and when...you can only use them for planned responsable reasons & you have to wait for this ice to thaw. This tip helped me some what....

ReputationRep:
    Try selling your unwanted goods on eBay?? It is a great place for unwanted DVDs and CDs as there is a large demand and they're easy to post.

Move your credit card debts around for lower rates?

A great site for financial info is www.fool.co.uk.

ReputationRep:
    I love seeing programs on lottery winners spending vast amounts on crap like red ferrari's and houses with swimming pools and bars. It is so amusing, they try to take up sports like shooting too and join golf clubs. Get a life, stick with your scratch cards and trakies please.

ReputationRep:
    I love seeing programs on lottery winners spending vast amounts on crap like red ferrari's and houses with swimming pools and bars. It is so amusing, they try to take up sports like shooting too and join golf clubs. Get a life, stick with your scratch cards and trakies please.
    The voice of a true snob.

ReputationRep:
    You can take the person out of a council estate....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    The voice of a true snob.
    Not really. Read byb3's post below. That is the exact way I feel.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.