The Student Room Group

Should I remind her?

Should I remind someone about a 'hang out' we talked about (like yeah yeah let's do that sounds cool)? Or at least confirm it with them?

My dilemma is:
(1) I honestly don't know them well. Chatted very skin-deep TWICE. Can't find them on social networks and my only point of contact is by mobile.
(2) I like them based on skin-deep attraction.
(3) She takes ageeees to reply. But I think she is also very busy and we don't share anything except a few interests (hence we chatted well).
(4) A friend met a guy friend from a friend and she doesn't know too much about him. He doesn't know too much about her but they have gone on a date. But they know it's a date. Whilst this girl is more of a stranger (now acquaintence) so arranging anything is less of a date than a 'let's hang out' but with friends or the person you are dating, it's easy to be either spontaneous or plan something and know they will keep it (because you know the person well to not cancel or they wouldn't anyway etc etc).

But since this girl is equivalent to a stranger that I meet off the road (which in my view is harder to connect than a girl you meet in a nightclub or social activity), do you think I should ask about a hangout if they don't confirm it? I don't want to be too 'pushy' or seem too 'desperate' because we do work in the same building and it would just be awks if some apocalyptic scenario enfolded :wink:

My plan is to get to know them a bit better first and see if we have any chemistry when we know each other a bit better and move on from there. Usually if it is someone I know, I wait and let them get back to me. But in this case, what should I do?
Don't remind, just ask her if she wants to do something. If you ask then you'll just get the non committal response again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending