The Student Room Group

How hard would it be to self study A levels?

I want to self study A levels and sit the exams as a private candidate, French and English, do you think it is possible to do just by using books and internet if i study enough everyday, I want to finish them both in one year only. My french is already A* on gcse and I find it easy to learn, my English gcse grade is at an A-A*.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.
Reply 1
GCSE is a walk in the park compared to A levels. very few people can cope with what you are suggesting, and i advise against both english and french,

maybe pick 1 and work HARD at that?

even then without someone who knows how to teach and how to do it getting a good grade is a struggle.
although possible, it depends: are you taking other A levels alongside in school? if so DONT DO IT

if you are only taking those 2 a levels, go for it
Reply 2
Original post by kelefi
GCSE is a walk in the park compared to A levels. very few people can cope with what you are suggesting, and i advise against both english and french,

maybe pick 1 and work HARD at that?

even then without someone who knows how to teach and how to do it getting a good grade is a struggle.
although possible, it depends: are you taking other A levels alongside in school? if so DONT DO IT

if you are only taking those 2 a levels, go for it

Yes, I'd just be taking these two a levels.
Maybe it's possible, thanks for your reply. :smile:
Reply 3
No problem. What I strongly recommend you do is have someone to contact if you are having troubles. I would offer to help but im terrible at those two :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest