OCR G485 Physics A - 19th June 2014

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Political Cake
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Surprised I can't find one for this session! Anyways, time for the memory test G485 or (FP)2! How has everyone found it to learn? Ready yet? :eek:

Specification

Past Papers

OCR G485 Definitions.pdf
DanScott96
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Im not ready for it yet i know that for sure, however I feel better about the newtonian world module, thanks for attaching the definitions for this unit
precious maro
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Why they gotta make it so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1398367
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
**** this unit -- it is so, so ****.

does anyone know if we have to know the times associated with the sequence of important events in the universe from 10^-43 -> present day?
Political Cake
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by dire wolf)
**** this unit -- it is so, so ****.

does anyone know if we have to know the times associated with the sequence of important events in the universe from 10^-43 -> present day?
The timing is not important in this exam. The sequence however is imperative. Something along the lines of;

- At the start was infinitely dense / singular and all forces were unified.
- The Big Bang / expansion led to cooling (in a quark / lepton soup).
- There was more matter than anti-matter.
- Quarks combined to form hadrons.
- Atoms forms and primordial helium is produced.
- The average temperate of the universe lowers to 2.7K and it is saturated in microwave cosmic background radiation.
username1398367
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Political Cake)
The timing is not important in this exam. The sequence however is imperative. Something along the lines of;

- At the start was infinitely dense / singular and all forces were unified.
- The Big Bang / expansion led to cooling (in a quark / lepton soup).
- There was more matter than anti-matter.
- Quarks combined to form hadrons.
- Atoms forms and primordial helium is produced.
- The average temperate of the universe lowers to 2.7K and it is saturated in microwave cosmic background radiation.
oh, alright, thank you very much!

just one more question, if you don't mind: is the right hand grip rule to be used with conventional current or electron flow?
username1398367
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by precious maro)
Why they gotta make it so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
and specific, right?! Gotta have all those long medical physics answers memorised.
Political Cake
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by dire wolf)
oh, alright, thank you very much!

just one more question, if you don't mind: is the right hand grip rule to be used with conventional current or electron flow?
Whenever you see "current", think conventional current; i.e. positive to negative.

So the thumb points in the direction of conventional current.
username1398367
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Political Cake)
Whenever you see "current", think conventional current; i.e. positive to negative.

So the thumb points in the direction of conventional current.
PRSOM
HoratioMG
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Made a quick spreadsheet of all the grade boundaries I could find

Hope this helps!
7jdrabble
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Don't suppose anyone has a link to some good revision sheets for this paper? I've been using my own and some others for the few couple of modules but I'm missing some notes on the last module for starters! Also the more revision sources the better I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ss2012
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 7jdrabble)
Don't suppose anyone has a link to some good revision sheets for this paper? I've been using my own and some others for the few couple of modules but I'm missing some notes on the last module for starters! Also the more revision sources the better I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get revising has a lot of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shuster
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Where can i find past papers that are before the ones available on ocr website??
Guy96
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shuster)
Where can i find past papers that are before the ones available on ocr website??
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/OCR/Physics/
ashxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
how did everyone find this?
Ekene.smith
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think it was alright
Guttridge
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Nothing particularly hard but there was absolutely no marks available for medical physics and the Universe in terms of description questions (past papers have roughly 25 marks on those descriptions of MRI, formation of stars etc. that you have to memorise).

There was a lot in the paper that meant you had to actually think about the physics, so I think low grade boundaries, once again not really hard but still a harsh paper, more so than any other one I've done.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (6)
13.33%
Quite well (20)
44.44%
Not so good (12)
26.67%
Terrible! (7)
15.56%

Watched Threads