if UKIP are racists because of several members saying bad comments...... Watch

Welsh Bluebird
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
....then what are Labour and the Tories?

http://conspiracytruths.co.uk/mpscov...exoffense.html

What about Harriett Harman? (Labour)

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...rs-own-making/

What about Patricia Hewitt? (Labour)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...aedo-plan.html

What about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7824579.stm

Or this?

http://www.no2abuse.com/index.php/bl...-this-list-out

----

Its apparently fine to call UKIP as a whole racist due to outbursts from some of their members or affiliates. Using the same ridiculous logic, what do we call Labour or the Tories now?

I will never again vote for this load of scum. How anyone can is truly beyond me. UKIP's vetting comes under intense scrutiny yet where is all the scrutiny and hate towards these for this?

Doesn't suit your agenda does it?

Be prepared as UKIP rises to see your disgusting and vile parties torn to shreds. We can all play that game.

The revolution is coming!!

Can't barrage the Farage!!
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by revron77)
Shhh Welshy! Stop spreading lies... we all know UKIP is racist. Otherwise if they were not... the left would have to actually argue real politics and lets be honest... thats too much hard work.

So go back to bed and vote for a nice "mainstream" party. They will fix all of societies ills, like they have promised for the past 100 years.
Not sure what being anti-UKIP has to do with being left-winged.
x-phoebe-x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe you're forgetting that the actual leader of the UKIP party (Nigel Farage) made racist comments to the previous party leader.

Aside from that, the whole policies of the party are just downright scummy. They want to take away equal pay for men and women. Nigel also told a fellow lady MP of the party to "shut up" and that she was "stupid" for requesting to look further into an investigation.

"No to Political Correctness - it stifles free speech." is also another one of their policies. They want to make this country a place where discriminating comments aimed at whoever (asians, gay people etc.) will no longer be seen as politically incorrect. i.e. you can say whatever the **** you want and not get in trouble for it as you would now.

Think to yourself if this is the kind of leader you want to see backing the country. Because i'm telling you right now; UKIP are simply the BNP party disguised in suits. The tories and others may not be the best either but at least we still have a country. Put UKIP in charge and be prepared to see the country be ripped to shreds.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Welsh Bluebird)
....then what are Labour and the Tories?

http://conspiracytruths.co.uk/mpscov...exoffense.html

What about Harriett Harman? (Labour)

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...rs-own-making/

What about Patricia Hewitt? (Labour)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...aedo-plan.html

What about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7824579.stm

Or this?

http://www.no2abuse.com/index.php/bl...-this-list-out

----

Its apparently fine to call UKIP as a whole racist due to outbursts from some of their members or affiliates. Using the same ridiculous logic, what do we call Labour or the Tories now?

I will never again vote for this load of scum. How anyone can is truly beyond me. UKIP's vetting comes under intense scrutiny yet where is all the scrutiny and hate towards these for this?

Doesn't suit your agenda does it?

Be prepared as UKIP rises to see your disgusting and vile parties torn to shreds. We can all play that game.

The revolution is coming!!

Can't barrage the Farage!!
Well, by that rationale, TSR is a racist forum.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
(Original post by x-phoebe-x)
Maybe you're forgetting that the actual leader of the UKIP party (Nigel Farage) made racist comments to the previous party leader.
Straight on the offensive as expected. You don't even seem to care about what these parties members have done.

The person who stated that it was his word vs Farage and he had just left UKIP in a bitter way. He never got on with Farage anyway. That is the truth. Does Mr Farage have any convictions for such? No. So before you make these claims, just remember politicians as individuals can sue for libel.

Do you have any proof to back up your claims?

Aside from that, the whole policies of the party are just downright scummy. They want to take away equal pay for men and women. Nigel also told a fellow lady MP of the party to "shut up" and that she was "stupid" for requesting to look further into an investigation.
Yet another accusation with no proof. Not very knowledgeable when it comes to libel are you? Again more offensive crap as your parties are being outed.

I can do this all day.

Think to yourself if this is the kind of leader you want to see backing the country. Because i'm telling you right now; UKIP are simply the BNP party disguised in suits. The tories and others may not be the best either but at least we still have a country. Put UKIP in charge and watch the country be ripped to shreds.
...and again you fail to address the OP and instead go on a misinformed rant.

Your response to Labour and Tory members doing such a thing is 'may not be the best...'. Wow. How can you say that after the whole Harriett Harman thing? If that was UKIP people would be ripping them to shreds.

Absolutely disgusting.
x-phoebe-x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sources?
I've been reading in many places for the past few days. I don't really have a brain that absorbs every single web address I visit. Heres one to get you started:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...-look-evidence
CJKay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well CJ, when you have a party that is right (Or to some far-right) then its only rational to expect that most of the complaints against that party would be from the opposing side, the left!

Understand?
Does that mean that people who didn't like Stalin must be predominantly right-wing?
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

"No to Political Correctness - it stifles free speech." is also another one of their policies. They want to make this country a place where discriminating comments aimed at whoever (asians, gay people etc.) will no longer be seen as politically incorrect. i.e. you can say whatever the **** you want and not get in trouble for it as you would now.

Think to yourself if this is the kind of leader you want to see backing the country. Because i'm telling you right now; UKIP are simply the BNP party disguised in suits. The tories and others may not be the best either but at least we still have a country. Put UKIP in charge and be prepared to see the country be ripped to shreds.
Someone he fell out with claimed he said that, it isn't really the same. I don't think they are a good party, they clearly have no real answers and they do pray on people's desire to blame the outsider, but a Tory MP went to a wedding dressed in a Nazi uniform and an old Conservative political slogan was "If you want a ****** (n-word) for a neighbour, vote liberal or labour" so all this complaining that UKIP is a racist party, seems a bit rich if it's coming from Conservative supporters. Heck even the slogan, "Keep Britain White" which skinheads used to spray in the walls of the underground and on the houses of immigrants, came right from the top of the Tory party, so they are in no position to take any sort of moral high ground on any of this.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
I've been reading in many places for the past few days. I don't really have a brain that absorbs every single web address I visit.
Heres one to get you started:

Still you say nothing about the hideous crimes Labour and Tory members or affiliates have committed? Truth hurts?

At least I can go to bed knowing I haven't voted for a party affiliated with a pedo ring. For some however, that isn't the case is it?

Also, the newstatesman isn't worthy of wiping my arse with let alone reading. It makes the Daily Mail come across as moderately intellectual in delivery.
Implication
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe you're forgetting that the actual leader of the UKIP party (Nigel Farage aka Hitler) made racist comments to the previous party leader - "We will never win the n****** vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us." So no, it's not just 'several' of the members.

"No to Political Correctness - it stifles free speech." is also another one of their policies. They want to make this country a place where discriminating comments aimed at whoever (asians, gay people etc.) will no longer be seen as politically incorrect. i.e. you can say whatever the fk you want and not get in trouble for it as you would now.

Well I think UKIP are as **** as the next reasonable man, but as I understand it this "so-called" racist comment has not been verified or confirmed. Anyone can invent dirt.

I think the OP has a valid point (at least initially); that people are very quick to describe UKIP as racist because of what some of its members say, and for a large part no-one cares about what members of other parties say. While I concede there does seem to be more dirt going around about UKIP than any other party, I'll be the first to admit that I can't be sure that this is actually because UKIP are more racist and not just because someone(s) is doing a good job of spreading dirt. It's little more than gossip.

Fact is, party policy and beliefs/ideologies that are common to all members of a party are what we should be looking at; not whining about people saying nasty things. If UKIP are indeed a racist party, then this would be best evidenced by identifying racist policies or a type of racist culture that we can actually demonstrate is prevalent through the whole party - not just by picking out members that have made racist comments here and there.
yo radical one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather see different cultures on the street than vote for UKIP and risk the country turning into white mans land.
Not really the point I was making, but ok
revron77
Report 5 years ago
I've been reading in many places for the past few days. I don't really have a brain that absorbs every single web address I visit. If you really want to know then stop being lazy and delusional and go and read up on the real truth for yourself.

Heres one to get you started:

I ask for sources, you insult me by calling me lazy and delusional.

I don't think you get how this works. When YOU make a claim... its on YOU to source it. It's not my problem that you can't source what you spout. And I'm certainly not lazy for not doing YOUR work.

For your quote on Nigel Farage using the word "Nig***" Its apparent you don't have a clue what the heck you are talking about. The reason is that this quote is highly disputed and has never been verified by an unbiased independent source. The quote came from Alan Sked that has tried to start up his own left-wing party after his leadership failed in UKIP. He couldn't do what Nigel has done so then he begins making claims that no one can verify so he can throw UKIP under the bus to give his new party (Currently not active due to his incompetence) a new head start.

See the above? Thats what happens when you do research. You want to make a claim on the politics thread? Get your opinions backed by something.
x-phoebe-x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In fact I shall say no more. Vote for UKIP and dodgy Farage and see what other great plans he may have in store. How much evidence is enough and from how many sources do you need it from for you to be able to see sense. I guess only time will tell.

I would like to add that I would definitely emigrate along with the other 400 British people a day if (God forbid) UKIP ever gain power.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo radical one)
Someone he fell out with claimed he said that, it isn't really the same. I don't think they are a good party, they clearly have no real answers and they do pray on people's desire to blame the outsider, but a Tory MP went to a wedding dressed in a Nazi uniform and an old Conservative political slogan was "If you want a ****** (n-word) for a neighbour, vote liberal or labour" so all this complaining that UKIP is a racist party, seems a bit rich if it's coming from Conservative supporters. Heck even the slogan, "Keep Britain White" which skinheads used to spray in the walls of the underground and on the houses of immigrants, came right from the top of the Tory party, so they are in no position to take any sort of moral high ground on any of this.
Stop talking sense mate. She committed libel and made several other outrageous claims based on nothing of any substance at all.

(Original post by Implication)
Well I think UKIP are as **** as the next reasonable man, but as I understand it this "so-called" racist comment has not been verified or confirmed. Anyone can invent dirt.[\quote]
Fair enough. Attack the policies for what they factually are. I'm open minded enough that not everyone is going to agree with UKIP in terms of actual policy.

[\quote]
I think the OP has a valid point (at least initially); that people are very quick to describe UKIP as racist because of what some of its members say, and for a large part no-one cares about what members of other parties say. While I concede there does seem to be more dirt going around about UKIP than any other party, I'll be the first to admit that I can't be sure that this is actually because UKIP are more racist and not just because someone(s) is doing a good job of spreading dirt. It's little more than gossip.

Fact is, party policy and beliefs/ideologies that are common to all members of a party are what we should be looking at; not whining about people saying nasty things. If UKIP are indeed a racist party, then this would be best evidenced by identifying racist policies or a type of racist culture that we can actually demonstrate is prevalent through the whole party - not just by picking out members that have made racist comments here and there.
Someone who understands the entire point of the thread.

In fact I shall say no more. Vote for UKIP and dodgy Farage and see what other great plans he may have in store. How much evidence is enough and from how many sources do you need it from for you to be able to see sense. I guess only time will tell.

I would like to add that I would definitely emigrate along with the other 400 British people a day if (God forbid) UKIP ever gain power.
If you do please take Nick Clegg, another moronic Brit, with you. The average national IQ will skyrocket.
Kohnr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well considering their immigration policies are focussed on Europe, it's difficult to see why if you're educated on the parties policies and you were anti-Asian (which I assume you're implying by your use of a stereotypical name, the use of which some themselves may find to be racist) why you would vote for UKIP? You wouldn't and it's silly to say you would.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never voted Labour or Tory in my life? Does that mean I still get to say UKIP are a party of racists?
deborarosa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
UKIP isnt racist because a 'few' members are.... Their policies are racist, xenophobic and sexist...
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x

Good.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
The Harriett Harman issue is known and has been discussed several times on Question Time and elsewhere. There have been numerous apologies.

The Farage issue you referred too is nothing more than hearsay with no evidence. There is the difference.

I refuse to get drawn any further into discussion with you. Not only have you made a false accusation in this thread you've also made no mention of the disgusting crimes mentioned in the OP and have come in with the intention of attack and you have also made several ridiculous assumptions about other posters.

Rather than face any further warnings for responding to your attempt at debate, I'm out. Its not worth the hassle.
Welsh Bluebird
Rep:
?
(Original post by deborarosa)
UKIP isnt racist because a 'few' members are.... Their policies are racist, xenophobic and sexist...
How?

Controlled immigration isn't racist or xenophobic. None of their policies are sexist and the only real argument against them are (1) their flat tax and (2) their stance on climate change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads