Turn on thread page Beta

Where are You Going To Open Your Results? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At school, infront of everyone, or at school in a quiet place and then you can go and find everyone else? Or do you want to just take them home and open them on your own?

I have no idea what i want to do i just know that i dont want everyone coming and asking me what results i have got!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm going to my friends house to open them together but we're gona stay at school 1st with everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Tricky question. I haven't yet thought about it. I'll see the atmosphere at school and then decide there (where to open it) depending on how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Away from everyone else. Most of my peers consider me intelligent, and seem to think I will do perfectly in every subject. Or at least, they say that. I think it might just be to annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't figured this one out...do I open it at school in front of my friends and teachers or do I get the envelope and bugger off home to do it alone?

It'll most probably be the former as the excitement/apprehension will overtake me and all my friends will be opening theirs there and then.

But 'tis all tense stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Defintely gonna open it as soon as the envelope is handed to me.

ReputationRep:
    Open them right there; like Papillon said; just rip the envelope, maybe not rip a neat tear so I can fold it back in :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to wait for my friends to collect their results too, and we're all going to open them at the same time. Whether or not we'll be standing together, I don't know, but what I do know is I'll really have to restrain myself from ripping them open the minute I get them!

God, even typing this has made me nervous :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I'm going to wait for my friends to collect their results too, and we're all going to open them at the same time. Whether or not we'll be standing together, I don't know, but what I do know is I'll really have to restrain myself from ripping them open the minute I get them!

God, even typing this has made me nervous :eek:.
    Same! I'm not sure TSR is good for my nerves...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Awwww I don't get to open my results! My school doesn't put them in envelopes so I'll have to go to a teacher who will get the slip of paper and read the results out for me. I do get to keep the slip of paper obviously lol. I think this is how they are doing it as they did it this way when I got a GCSE result 2 years ago and it was the same way for my sister as well.

Just hope I don't do too bad as everyone who is close enough to hear will know!

ReputationRep:
    This thread was blatantly stolen from the A-level forum :p: But anyway, I opened mine at school in front of one of my teachers who insisted on following me and hovering :rolleyes: Then I swapped results with friends, spoke to teachers, phoned parents, registered for sixth form and all the usual stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking....on the roof.

And this thread just reminded me - Maths result and job interview in 2 days! . At the same time! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My friend has suggested walking to the church near our school, then sitting in the graveyard to open our results. This is a good idea because, should we be disappointed, we'll be able to crawl into the nearest grave and die.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to open mine away from my friends, but not far: only in a corner of the room or something, have a few minutes to myself, then return out and share the results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Being)
    My friend has suggested walking to the church near our school, then sitting in the graveyard to open our results. This is a good idea because, should we be disappointed, we'll be able to crawl into the nearest grave and die.

You might look a bit weird though jumping up and down screaming if you get brilliant results mind :p:

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to get the envelope then go and hide somewhere outside to open them. that way, if i'm happy i can go back in and talk to people, if not i can make a quick get away without having anyone asking what i got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Being)

Hmmm slightly morbid but...creative!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of quitely going into my car (well.. ok my mum's car) and have a quick look at it before the whole year bundles me ... but thinking about it now... I think I may be too impatient to walk myself to the car park~ so I'll most probably open it right there~ hoping nobody is watching....which i doubt seriously hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Leeds festival on the results day, and my results will be mailed to my house. I reckon I might ask my parents to text or phone me my results, less spectacular or exciting, but atleast I'll know my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceti)
    I'm at Leeds festival on the results day, and my results will be mailed to my house. I reckon I might ask my parents to text or phone me my results, less spectacular or exciting, but atleast I'll know my results.
    But that is pretty spectacular and exciting! It's an amazing line up this year.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.