Volunteering in Schools

Watch this thread
HurdlesToJump
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

Just wondering how I can go about doing this. I need a placement for my uni course (going through OU) so do I just email/call/write a letter to them? Also I know I need a DBS check done, i'm currently waiting for one for my new job which does all the checks for schools (its in a school) so would this one count?

Thanks x
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Best thing to do is email, phone or go see them in person. Phone or in person is probably quicker
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HurdlesToJump)
Hi,

Just wondering how I can go about doing this. I need a placement for my uni course (going through OU) so do I just email/call/write a letter to them? Also I know I need a DBS check done, i'm currently waiting for one for my new job which does all the checks for schools (its in a school) so would this one count?

Thanks x
Id go and phone them or see them in person and explain your situation and ask if you would be able to volunteer there. Most wont say no to a volunteer.
HurdlesToJump
Rep:
(Original post by Mav455)
Best thing to do is email, phone or go see them in person. Phone or in person is probably quicker

(Original post by Emma:-))
Id go and phone them or see them in person and explain your situation and ask if you would be able to volunteer there. Most wont say no to a volunteer.
Thank you I will do that then :-) will my DBS be ok to use too? X
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I was on the understanding that you needed a separate dbs check for every place you went to. But id get in touch with the school to double check that one though.
BlueSam3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
If you are signed up to the DBS update service, and your DBS check is an enhanced check for a child workforce with the children's barring list check on it, then probably (you'll need to show them the original hard-copy, and give them your DBS Update Subscription Number). If you didn't sign up, it's a standard check, it was for an adult workforce, or it didn't have the children's barring list check on it, then you'll need a new one.
HurdlesToJump
Rep:
(Original post by BlueSam3)
If you are signed up to the DBS update service, and your DBS check is an enhanced check for a child workforce with the children's barring list check on it, then probably (you'll need to show them the original hard-copy, and give them your DBS Update Subscription Number). If you didn't sign up, it's a standard check, it was for an adult workforce, or it didn't have the children's barring list check on it, then you'll need a new one.
Thank you for the reply BlueSam3. How do I sign up for this? I am currently waiting for it to come back, it was only put in yesterday by paper form. It is a enhanced with child workforce/barring list on. Thank you again xx
BlueSam3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Thank you for the reply BlueSam3. How do I sign up for this? I am currently waiting for it to come back, it was only put in yesterday by paper form. It is a enhanced with child workforce/barring list on. Thank you again xx
Head here: here. It'll cost you £13/year, and you have to do it within 2 weeks of the certificate being issued.
HurdlesToJump
Rep:
(Original post by BlueSam3)
Head here: here. It'll cost you £13/year, and you have to do it within 2 weeks of the certificate being issued.
Oh perfect, Thank you xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
33.7%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (43)
46.74%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.48%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.09%

Watched Threads