Whats more of an extremist threat to society Islam or UKIP?

Watch
CryptoidAlien
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
This will be an interesting view to get some honest opinions. Most people view wither Islam or now strangely UKIP as a threat to freedoms and equality
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Great question.

I would say Islam is easily more 'extremist' than UKIP. But nonetheless UKIP is pretty scarily far-right and it would be a very bad thing if they came to power.

I saw that many Muslims in Marseilles voted for the French far-right party Front National, because they oppose gay marriage and the other more left-wing parties. http://www.economist.com/news/europe...pecially-among

People certainly need to wake up to the fact that Islam is a far-right ideology, and is a serious threat to liberalism.
Asciant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well UKIP isn't really a threat to society at all, nor is Islam because by the time a society based on Islam is created then everyone is a Muslim anyway so they're all happy about it.
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UKIP.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Asciant)
Well UKIP isn't really a threat to society at all, nor is Islam because by the time a society based on Islam is created then everyone is a Muslim anyway so they're all happy about it.
I'm pretty sure gay people wouldn't be happy about it.
eVo1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
I'm pretty sure gay people wouldn't be happy about it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...rch-finds.html

they can change over time? :confused:
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UKIP.

Islam is not a threat. Islamic extremists are.
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Islam
redferry
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UKIP definiteley. Islam isn't privatising the NHS or screwing over the environment for starters.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm... tell that to everyone who's been hung in the middle east for committing sodomy :P
imtelling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UKIP must be flattered to be compared to a fourteen hundred year old political/quasi-religious ideology who's entire history is one of warfare and conquest.

The danger is Islam.
MUTTA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
Hmm... tell that to everyone who's been hung in the middle east for committing sodomy :P
Are you stupid? !

Ukip is POLITICAL
Islam is a peaceful RELIGION

THEY SHOULDN'T BE MIXED

Posted from TSR Mobile
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of the two, obviously Islam.

UKIP is a single-issue party which will never hold any significant power in the UK.

Islam is a medieval religion stifling freedom in dozens of countries around the world (even if it isn't really a threat to the UK just yet).

Any fundamentalist interpretation of any religion is a disease which harms society - Christianity harms countries like the USA in much the same way as Islam ****s up the Arab world, only Islam is a more 'complete' political ideology. Buddhists are ****ing up Burma, and so on.

How UKIP can be compared to that is beyond me.
MUTTA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by russellsteapot)
Of the two, obviously Islam.

UKIP is a single-issue party which will never hold any significant power in the UK.

Islam is a medieval religion stifling freedom in dozens of countries around the world (even if it isn't really a threat to the UK just yet).

Any fundamentalist interpretation of any religion is a disease which harms society - Christianity harms countries like the USA in much the same way as Islam ****s up the Arab world, only Islam is a more 'complete' political ideology. Buddhists are ****ing up Burma, and so on.

How UKIP can be compared to that is beyond me.
Yep Yu can bring society and politics in religion

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingBradly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MUTTA)
Are you stupid? !

Ukip is POLITICAL
Islam is a peaceful RELIGION

THEY SHOULDN'T BE MIXED

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you suggesting that religion has no effect on politics?
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well, this is probably the most unintelligent thread I've ever seen...
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
UKIP definiteley. Islam isn't privatising the NHS or screwing over the environment for starters.
and then you realise that the reason the middle east is a piss-hole is based on islam, not leaving the EU or controlling immigration...
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
and then you realise that the reason the middle east in a piss-hole is based on islam, not leaving the EU or controlling immigration...
Well you can't speak globally given UKIP don't exist outside the UK. That would be ridiculous.

Clearly UKIP are the greater threat to society in the UK.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
Well you can't speak globally given UKIP don't exist outside the UK. That would be ridiculous.

Clearly UKIP are the greater threat to society in the UK.
that is an extraordinary statement right there. I guess you're not going to substantial anything you've claimed, though. obviously. so let me explain to you just how wrong you are: islam is a delusional pre dark-age religion that actively encourages and promotes homophobia, sexism, intolerance to liberal values and generally is hostile to the idea of human rights. UKIP is simply based on having independence from the EU, reducing (currently uncontrolled) european immigration, having open trade opportunities with other countries, etc. if you're saying that the influence of islam in the UK is better than the influence of a classical liberal party/conservative party like UKIP which focuses on national democracy, I have no idea how you're going to explain how events such as the murder of lee rigby, the london bombings, FGM (and MGM), the honour murders of forcibly wed women and people like anjem choudary have been more beneficial traits for our society's recent history than UKIP
redferry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
that is an extraordinary statement right there. I guess you're not going to substantial anything you've claimed, though. obviously. so let me explain to you just how wrong you are: islam is a delusional pre dark-age religion that actively encourages and promotes homophobia, sexism, intolerance to liberal values and generally is hostile to the idea of human rights. UKIP is simply based on having independence from the EU, reducing (currently uncontrolled) european immigration, having open trade opportunities with other countries, etc. if you're saying that the influence of islam in the UK is better than the influence of a classical liberal party/conservative party like UKIP which focuses on national democracy, I have no idea how you're going to explain how events such as the murder of lee rigby, the london bombings, FGM (and MGM), the honour murders of forcibly wed women and people like anjem choudary have been more beneficial traits for our society's recent history than UKIP
Islam in the UK is generally moderate and has little impact on most people.

UKIP want to privatise the NHS, get rid of paid maternity leave and holiday pay, lift all fishing regulations, pull all climate change funding and revert to coal power.

Lee Rigby died at the hands of radicalised men who were born CHRISTIANS. FGM is not a huge issue in the UK, the vast vast majority of FGM victims here it happened abroad before they became UK citizens. MGM is actually beneficial in third world countries due to preventing the spread of STDs (literally scientifically proven look it up if you don't believe me) and also practised by Jews and a lot of Americans, honour murders of forcibly wed women affects maybe one person per year if that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (151)
54.91%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.82%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.27%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.45%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.73%

Watched Threads