Too many people vote labour...

Watch this thread
DanyaI
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
People criticise David Cameron for not knowing the price of bread, but Ed Milliband doesn't even know the price of the average households weekly shopping bill. Plus he looks like he's come straight out of Wallace and Gromit.
Surely this raises the question as to why so many people support labour.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
too many people labour *or* conservatives (or LD) in my opinion
ed miliband is the funniest joke of a party leader I've ever seen in british politics, for example, so that's something to tease "labourers" about
and he's an absolutely dreadful public speaker, with absolutely no grain of charisma to him (although obviously that's not the most important thing it's obviously somewhat of an issue to a party that usually isn't standing on policies in the first place). I can't even begin to imagine what his wife sees in him, although maybe that's stepping over the line slightly...
ottom
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DanyaI)
People criticise David Cameron for not knowing the price of bread, but Ed Milliband doesn't even know the price of the average households weekly shopping bill. Plus he looks like he's come straight out of Wallace and Gromit.
I highly doubt that Churchill, Attlee and Thatcher would have, off hand, known the price of an average shopping bill either. But of course it's considered acceptable to criticise Miliband for it because he looks and sounds 'weird'. The dawn of the TV age really made personality as (or perhaps more) important as policy. The original example of this was the 1964 general election, when the charmless Alec Douglas-Home was defeated by the original media savvy - Harold Wilson.
carlisomes
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I don't get even why it's bad. Maybe he doesn't eat bread, and I'd bet there are many who don't because it's trivial knowledge.

If this is meant to say he's out of touch or is an "aristocrat"....lol...people need to get over it...So he's a bad person merely because he comes from a "priveleged" background..lol.. sorry this isn't the 19th century, we all have equal opportunities now, don't get ****ed off because you're "poor" and are kept down by your social betters.
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
There are a seriously large number of stupid people in this country. The Tories benefit the top 80% of society, Labour benefit the bottom 30%- gee which is more important?

In other words, only the work-less get screwed under Tories. Under Labour the whole country gets screwed.
DanyaI
Rep:
(Original post by carlisomes)
I don't get even why it's bad. Maybe he doesn't eat bread, and I'd bet there are many who don't because it's trivial knowledge.

If this is meant to say he's out of touch or is an "aristocrat"....lol...people need to get over it...So he's a bad person merely because he comes from a "priveleged" background..lol.. sorry this isn't the 19th century, we all have equal opportunities now, don't get ****ed off because you're "poor" and are kept down by your social betters.
Well I doubt that, even so, he must consumer milk etc. It is a bad thing because he claims to represent the working class (or at least get's their votes) yet he doesn't know a thing about the average working class man's lifestyle.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Miliband said ' We spend £70, £80 a week on groceries at least – probably more than that.'

The ONS say the average weekly spend for a family like his is £83. Ed Miliband will be your next PM, get used to the idea.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
People criticise David Cameron for not knowing the price of bread
It's not even a fixed price. I see bread that costs less than 80p to over £1.50. Why was a **** given about this?
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
It's not even a fixed price. I see bread that costs less than 80p to over £1.50. Why was a **** given about this?
Because he then went on to explain that the reason that he didn't know is because they make their own bread...
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by natninja)
Because he then went on to explain that the reason that he didn't know is because they make their own bread...
That's not even posh. If anyone it might even be cheaper.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
That's not even posh. If anyone it might even be cheaper.
Media spin dear.
darkdrifter10
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
He said it was £70-80, its around £80 in reality so i would say he is spot on. At least Miliband knows what the average man wants. Such as a need to tighten the minimum wage to increase living costs. Knowing you, i would say that benefits you entirely so rather than conservative policies such as reduced immigration. Would you be in this country if conservative immigration quotas were implemented?
DanyaI
Rep:
(Original post by darkdrifter10)
He said it was £70-80, its around £80 in reality so i would say he is spot on. At least Miliband knows what the average man wants. Such as a need to tighten the minimum wage to increase living costs. Knowing you, i would say that benefits you entirely so rather than conservative policies such as reduced immigration. Would you be in this country if conservative immigration quotas were implemented?
The average grocery bill is around £120, hence he's not spot on, a bit like your grammar/sentence structure. The whole point of this thread is that Miliband doesn't know what the average grocery bill is, therefore he can't fend for the country. I earn at least 4 times the minimum wage so that doesn't affect me. And I was born into this country as were my parents, so that would not affect me either. I would therefore be in this country, even though your confusing Conservative party with BNP now.
darkdrifter10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The average grocery bill is around £120, hence he's not spot on, a but like your grammar/sentence structure. The whole point of this thread is that Miliband doesn't know what the average, therefore he cant't fend for the country. I earn at least 4 times the minimum wage so that doesn't affect me. And I was born into this country as were my parents, so that would not affect me either. I would therefore be in this country, even though your confusing Conservative party with BNP now.
Firstly finish your second sentence properly. You make more grammer mistakes than a 3 year old kid. can't has 1 't'
Secondly, read up on conservative policies and you'll see that they are in fact adopting BNP policies and will do so for the coming future. Especially since UKIP won the european election, their immigration control is certainly going to become stricter.
DanyaI
Rep:
Firstly finish your second sentence properly. You make more grammer mistakes than a 3 year old kid. can't has 1 't'
Secondly, read up on conservative policies and you'll see that they are in fact adopting BNP policies and will do so for the coming future. Especially since UKIP won the european election, their immigration control is certainly going to become stricter.
Well that's real classy, editing the quote! I'm a decent being so won't do the same to you. Any ways, that's quite ironic considering you spelt the word grammar incorrectly. Please educate yourself a little on politics before posting on here.
Jacob-C
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What BNP policies would those be? Telling all non-whites to get out or maybe bringing the media under government control or perhaps holocaust denial? I'm no Conservative but what you've just stated is complete nonsense.
callum.30
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
People vote Labour on principle. Also, the alternatives are much worse.
darkdrifter10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Well that's real classy, editing the quote! I'm a decent being so won't do the same to you. Any ways, that's quite ironic considering you spelt the word grammar incorrectly. Please educate yourself a little on politics before posting on here.
I could say the same to you Danyal, educate yourself on conservative policies before voting for them. Conservative policies arent fascist policies which is what you believe they are looking at your previous threads. We live in the 21st century, not in the 20th century, get up to date with the new conformities in society.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by revron77)
They vote labor because labor will give them anything to vote for them. Labor buys votes with welfare and government money...... no wait... I mean tax payers money! Regardless, its like a school election. Wouldn't you vote for the kid handing out free stuff?
American? Or just can't spell?
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The average grocery bill is around £120, hence he's not spot on, a bit like your grammar/sentence structure. The whole point of this thread is that Miliband doesn't know what the average grocery bill is, therefore he can't fend for the country. I earn at least 4 times the minimum wage so that doesn't affect me. And I was born into this country as were my parents, so that would not affect me either. I would therefore be in this country, even though your confusing Conservative party with BNP now.
Actually he claimed thats what he spent which he thought was typical.

tbh I'm surprised its so high and surprised he wasn't pillared for spending so much given thats more than JSA just on food.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (91)
42.92%
They're exactly what I expected (49)
23.11%