The Student Room Group

Parents wont take me to the doctor

So I looked up NHS symptom checker and they said I need to get help right away as it is possible of I leave this longer than today I could get kidney damage.

But today is my mum and dads wedding anniversary so obvs my mum doesnt want to take me.

I dont know how to ask her for this or how to beg her to take me or what to do if she wont let me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
So I looked up NHS symptom checker and they said I need to get help right away as it is possible of I leave this longer than today I could get kidney damage.

But today is my mum and dads wedding anniversary so obvs my mum doesnt want to take me.

I dont know how to ask her for this or how to beg her to take me or what to do if she wont let me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about you go by yourself? :confused:
Original post by TheBigJosh
How about you go by yourself? :confused:

I'm 15, the GP is closed, I would need to contact thr emergency doc which I dont know how to do and my mum probs wouldnt tell me, or go to hospital and I cant get there as I cannot drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 15, the GP is closed, I would need to contact thr emergency doc which I dont know how to do and my mum probs wouldnt tell me, or go to hospital and I cant get there as I cannot drive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not have a walk in centre?
Get a map, go on a bus. If it's bothering you that much.

Though it seems a bit harsh if your mum is refusing to take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell your mom about the kidney damage crap and tell her about what's happening. It's nothing embarrassing, just a possible UTI. If she doesn't let you then that's some mother, who cares if it's her anniversary, you're her daughter and you may need medical care
Original post by TheBigJosh
Do you not have a walk in centre?
Get a map, go on a bus. If it's bothering you that much.

Though it seems a bit harsh if your mum is refusing to take you.

No.
There is no bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go early in the morning by yourself or ask a close relative to drop you off.
If this situation is unsolvable then I dunno... If she won't take you go on a day that you can go, even if you have to wait. Just hang in there okay? Is your mother caring? Just asking
Original post by Black Cat
Go early in the morning by yourself or ask a close relative to drop you off.

Dont have any relatives other than parents.
It's 1 3/4 hours away by bus, 45 min by car, 4 by foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont have any relatives other than parents.
It's 1 3/4 hours away by bus, 45 min by car, 4 by foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get the early bus then by yourself and bring someone like a friend?
Get the early bus then by yourself and bring someone like a friend?

Ill text my friend come not ridiculous o'clock

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your symptoms?
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
What are your symptoms?

Ill PM you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ill text my friend come not ridiculous o'clock

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those symptoms you have are they that severe for immediate treatment? I highly doubt that waiting an extra day or so would increases the chances of kidney damage that much. I'd advise you to wait for your parents to take you or if you're really determined then by all means go by yourself.
Those symptoms you have are they that severe for immediate treatment? I highly doubt that waiting an extra day or so would increases the chances of kidney damage that much. I'd advise you to wait for your parents to take you or if you're really determined then by all means go by yourself.

NHS says definitely today, as in cancel all plans today, as because it came on so fast for me it is likely to be the more severe, damaging type.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Fall out in the middle of a conversation before she leaves.
Or ask a stranger.
Jump in a cab?
Or in front of one
You know..put on a show. Make a scene so they have to take you. :cool: lol
NHS says definitely today, as in cancel all plans today, as because it came on so fast for me it is likely to be the more severe, damaging type.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then get off of TSR and go get yourself some help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well for starters have you spoken to your parents about it yet? It seems like your afraid of asking them to take you to the doctors. I'm sure they'll understand and take you even though it may ruin their anniversary.
Well for starters have you spoken to your parents about it yet? It seems like your afraid of asking them to take you to the doctors. I'm sure they'll understand and take you even though it may ruin their anniversary.

I cant ask them to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant ask them to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's more important to them? Your health or their anniversary, you know the answer. Just tell them already stop avoiding it you're making things more difficult that way.

Quick Reply

Latest