The Student Room Group

Case of relationship breakdown??

So my boyfriend and I have been best friends for 4 years, and have been together properly for nearly a year. We have had a pretty rough past (before we were together) due to my ex etc.
We are so so similar, everything we do and how we are we fit together so well and can just chill in each other's company:smile:
however he's finding life pretty tough atm, and doesn't feel like himself at the moment. He's gone to one counselling session, but is convinced it won't help him, he's just really depressed and says he's lost the enjoyment out of everything. Like he can't have fun anymore.
This brings me to my main point, he doesn't want to kiss or touch me anymore. I'm not certain why but he had a breakdown the other day and I know he loves me, and always puts our relationship first. But he has no idea why he doesn't want to, he says it just feels uncomfortable :frown: so he loves me but doesn't want to kiss or touch me, he wants me to be with him though.
I've told him he's got all the time in the world to get through this and I'll stick by and support him :smile:
just need some help!
well, try to text him/talk to him more often for a start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I don't think id be able to text or talk to him anymore than we do already :') it's pretty much constant and we do tell each other everything which is a good start, but still just not the same for him :frown:
aw :frown: you could try to encourage him to try new hobbies... or try taking him out more often like to the cinema or the park :/ also more food helps me when i feel depressed (like chocolate and sugary drinks) :smile: you could also and just try to spend as much time with him (i always felt lonely when i was depressed even when spend a few hours with someone) hope this helped :smile: feel free to message me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I had a case of depression. I totally understand not wanting too touch etc. Its strange, its like no matter what you do, you feel nothing, not happiness, sadness or anger. And because of not feeling any emotion you just feel empty, and in that state it is really hard too see a point in trying to show affection to your partner because it just feels alien to you.

I can promise it is not him stopping the intimacy, its in his head, depression is a very strange thing indeed.

If your strong enough too stick by him, he will return to his normal self, it may take a few weeks or a couple months, but it should ease up :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you so much for saying that, really brings me some hope! Of course I'll stay with him, I'm just happy being with him even if it's lying around all day :smile:

Yeah, I think that's exactly what he feels like and I'm glad it'll come back to normal soon :smile:

I'm quite impulsive so have to hold myself back and not push or get upset but I find that easy to do nowadays :smile: just gotta hold out for him! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending