The Student Room Group

Unit 2: Sources of Law 2nd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

hey there, in precedent for c(ii) did you discuss points both for and against extending powers of the ca?
Original post by S_Light
hey there, in precedent for c(ii) did you discuss points both for and against extending powers of the ca?

What was the question again, i only discussed the advantages
I think it was 'discuss arguments for extending powers of the ca'
do ppl think boundaries will go up as they were the preferred topics or down as its all in june? last yr an A was 51, surely it wont go up :s-smilie:
Original post by A sheesh
do ppl think boundaries will go up as they were the preferred topics or down as its all in june? last yr an A was 51, surely it wont go up :s-smilie:

I don't think it will go up but not sure.
Original post by S_Light

Ooo I would have loved that question. I did SI. You'd mention Davis V Johnson about the practice statement and stufff. I can think of a fair few adv and disa!
Original post by Laurakat1
Ooo I would have loved that question. I did SI. You'd mention Davis V Johnson about the practice statement and stufff. I can think of a fair few adv and disa!

So you would have done both pros and cons then?
Original post by S_Light

So i only talked about the advantages because otherwise it would have said the adv+disad or should CoA be given more powers
Original post by golden tribe
So i only talked about the advantages because otherwise it would have said the adv+disad or should CoA be given more powers

I think all discuss questions require both sides of the argument..:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S_Light
So you would have done both pros and cons then?

Yeah because when it says "discuss" in a question, it's likely that you have to give both sides of the argument (I think).
Reply 250
Hi guys,

when I was doing the exam I actually answered all the essay questions first and then the small scenarios. Will I be penalised?
Original post by xxblue
Hi guys,

when I was doing the exam I actually answered all the essay questions first and then the small scenarios. Will I be penalised?

Nah, as long as you've answered everything you should be fine!
Reply 252
Original post by james9309
Nah, as long as you've answered everything you should be fine!

I did answer everything but I thought because I didn't answer the questions as they were set out on the paper (i.e question a) then the scenarios) they would penalise me but thanks anways :smile:
Original post by xxblue
I did answer everything but I thought because I didn't answer the questions as they were set out on the paper (i.e question a) then the scenarios) they would penalise me but thanks anways :smile:

I knew what you meant, and I meant that as long as you've answered everything, it doesn't matter what order
Reply 254
Original post by james9309

I knew what you meant, and I meant that as long as you've answered everything, it doesn't matter what order

hopefully thanksss :smile:
Original post by swagyolo420
I think all discuss questions require both sides of the argument..:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Laurakat1
Yeah because when it says "discuss" in a question, it's likely that you have to give both sides of the argument (I think).

yay I hope that's the case cos that's what I did :biggrin: thanks
Original post by S_Light
yay I hope that's the case cos that's what I did :biggrin: thanks

Good good :smile:
Reply 257
Hey I am doing this paper tomorrow for a mock. What came up in the statutory interpretarion part

Quick Reply

Latest