The Student Room Group

Just a question... Please answer

I'm in ear 10 and we just got our annual reports. I have A's, B's and C's and my mum thinks I won't be able to get in any good sixth forms. These are not my predicted grades, We haven't been given them yet. We had our Year 10 exams and most of my results were B's, an A in Spanish and C's in History and Geography. Do these results affect my application for sixth form? If not, do the Year 11 mocks affect it or other exams? I'm getting worried so can somebody please answer my question?
Original post by tuquid
I'm in ear 10 and we just got our annual reports. I have A's, B's and C's and my mum thinks I won't be able to get in any good sixth forms. These are not my predicted grades, We haven't been given them yet. We had our Year 10 exams and most of my results were B's, an A in Spanish and C's in History and Geography. Do these results affect my application for sixth form? If not, do the Year 11 mocks affect it or other exams? I'm getting worried so can somebody please answer my question?

Year 11 mocks play a big role usually. Some sixth forms may also check the actual gcses in addition to this. I would do some work in the summer holidays or get good mock grades
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
So do sixth forms not look at Year 10 reports? I will definitely work harder don't worry!
Original post by tuquid

My sixth form is one of the best comprehensive sixth forms in the UK and the minimum requirement for GCSEs is 5 D grades...and even that is up for negotiation. I know someone with 2 GCSEs (admittedly they have extenuating circumstances). Your grades are fine at the moment...of course there is room for improvement! But your only at year 10 at the moment. Have a nice summer break and then work hard next year and you'll do well. Make sure you're polite and enthusiastic if you have any sixth form interviews and emphasise any activities you do outside of school!
Reply 4
Thanks to both of you! I think I'll stick around, it seems friendly enough here!
Original post by tuquid
So do sixth forms not look at Year 10 reports? I will definitely work harder don't worry!

I reckon that they may ask for one set of reports, they would ideally want it from year 11. If you get decent mock grades at least then you'll be fine, don't worry about the year 10 ones, if you do well in the mocks they won't mind

Quick Reply

Latest