angelcpn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone who have studied an art foundation course either in Goldsmiths University of London, Wimbledon College of Art or Glasgow School of Art can give some comment on them??

I would also like to hear about other uni which has outstanding performance in Art and Design.

Thank you very very much((:
Indiestreet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on where you live as well though, if you live in London or nearby areas then Goldsmith and Wimbledon are both great, but personally I'd choose Goldsmith. But if traveling it not a big deal for you then GSA is definitely an amazing choice.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might have to strike GSA off the list after the devastating fire a couple of days ago.
angelcpn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Indiestreet)
It depends on where you live as well though, if you live in London or nearby areas then Goldsmith and Wimbledon are both great, but personally I'd choose Goldsmith. But if traveling it not a big deal for you then GSA is definitely an amazing choice.
I'm an international student so travelling is not really a big deal for me(:

to me, Goldsmiths is good in terms of almost everything except finance

I'm worrying about the the low student satisfaction in UAL, but UAL is such a world famous Art teaching uni and many top student from all around the world will be there. Its more likely that I could make friends with worldwide student who r hardworking and talented.

I'm in great struggle so I'm just hoping to hear some views of current students. Thanks for the advice anyway!!((:
angelcpn
Rep:
?
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
You might have to strike GSA off the list after the devastating fire a couple of days ago.
Omg the news was upsetting! Hoping that the teaching won't be largely affected. Thank for telling me that..
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by angelcpn)
Omg the news was upsetting! Hoping that the teaching won't be largely affected. Thank for telling me that..
I hope so too. They have just built a new building, so it should be easier to cope than it would have been five years ago, but I wouldn't like to be the person who was using the projector. In answer to your original question, Edinburgh College of Art is up there with the others you mention.
docfilmmaker12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
I hope so too. They have just built a new building, so it should be easier to cope than it would have been five years ago, but I wouldn't like to be the person who was using the projector. In answer to your original question, Edinburgh College of Art is up there with the others you mention.
Hello!

I see that you're quite active in these forums and I was wondering if you have any insights on Goldsmiths vs Edinburgh College of Art.

I got unconditional offers from both schools for the MA Film Directing (Documentary) program. I understand they're both great schools and at first I was leaning towards Goldsmiths because it's in London and it has a strong reputation in the art world, but I was thinking maybe studying in a quieter city like Edinburgh has its own merits too. Do you know anything about the culture in these schools? I'm not sure where I can thrive more considering that I'm quite an introvert.

I hope you can share your insights on this. Thank you.

-CC

P.S. I'm an international student, if that matters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (62)
59.62%
Yes- I don't like it (4)
3.85%
No- I want it (31)
29.81%
No- I don't want it (7)