The Student Room Group

DSA Application?

I registered online to fill out a DSA in April this year. However, things have gone better and I no longer would need the requirement of it.

Do I have to tell the Student Finance to disregard my DSA application in order to receive student finance?

Also, is there a set deadline when all DSA applications have to be sent off so they can evaluate your needs?

I did get a letter saying that they didn't receive my student finance, but I ticked all the required boxes and etc and sent it off about 2 weeks. Do you think I should have heard something? (even though I know it usually takes 4-6 weeks).
DSA has nothing to do with your SFE funding
It would be common courtesy to save them wasting time to inform them that you no longer wish to proceed
DSA can be applied for anytime. There is no deadline.
Original post by balotelli12
DSA has nothing to do with your SFE funding
It would be common courtesy to save them wasting time to inform them that you no longer wish to proceed
DSA can be applied for anytime. There is no deadline.

You shouldn't be so quick to judge. I'm still waiting on the decision professionally actually which is why I am asking about deadline... You *****
Wind your neck in dearie!
I answered your question as asked.
I made no judgement at all. I merely pointed out the courtesy of letting people know. Your question seemed to suggest you felt you needn't bother.
(edited 9 years ago)
Balotelli's answer has a harsh tone lol The best thing to do is to call SFE up but the DSA department and tell them that you no longer want DSA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cool_JordH
I registered online to fill out a DSA in April this year. However, things have gone better and I no longer would need the requirement of it.

Do I have to tell the Student Finance to disregard my DSA application in order to receive student finance?

Also, is there a set deadline when all DSA applications have to be sent off so they can evaluate your needs?

I did get a letter saying that they didn't receive my student finance, but I ticked all the required boxes and etc and sent it off about 2 weeks. Do you think I should have heard something? (even though I know it usually takes 4-6 weeks).

You really should tell SFE you don't need DSA... otherwise you'd just be wasting their time, which they could be using for someone who does need it.

There is no deadline for DSA applications to be sent off.

SFE funding and DSA are completely different things. As you've already said, you will hear about your SFE funding in 4 - 6 weeks after sending everything off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending