ralts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
We're starting to think about moving onto Unit 3 in Fine Art (AQA). It's the Personal Investigation project, and my issue is that I don't really have any idea of what I could choose for my subject matter...

Does anyone have any ideas?
epywan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pick something relates to yourself well and you would find it easy along the journey.
ralts
Rep:
?
(Original post by epywan)
Pick something relates to yourself well and you would find it easy along the journey.
Thank you for the reply.
Does the subject matter have to be something with a lot of scope? For example, would I set myself a brief like they do for units 2 and 4, with things like 'Light and Dark' or 'Corners' or something obscure like that, or would I simply have to choose something very on-the-surface, like 'Portraiture' or 'Animals'?
epywan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I generally find it easier to start with a wider theme, and then narrow down to one. Be careful that if your topic is too wide, it's easy to lose your focus. Also make sure it provides lots of opportunities to draw from real life. Work on your strength, and do some experimentation based on them.
ralts
Rep:
?
(Original post by epywan)
I generally find it easier to start with a wider theme, and then narrow down to one. Be careful that if your topic is too wide, it's easy to lose your focus. Also make sure it provides lots of opportunities to draw from real life. Work on your strength, and do some experimentation based on them.
Thanks so much for getting back to me! I'll take all of this into account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads