The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wonkey
does anyone have any idea as to how this course differs to management at unis such as Warwick?? cos its on ucas extra, and seeing as imperial is so prestigious, i'm interested to c what this course is like.....
how reputable is it with employers??!
thx

Meh, but imperial's stronghold is science, not business managent. I suspect that course might be Business management (equine). If it is you're sent off to the wye campus to manage horses.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Mysticmin
Meh, but imperial's stronghold is science, not business managent. I suspect that course might be Business management (equine). If it is you're sent off to the wye campus to manage horses.

haha yeah it is equine! ok...no wonder its on ucas extra! thanx
Reply 3
wonkey
haha yeah it is equine! ok...no wonder its on ucas extra! thanx

No probs :smile: go off to warwick and have a damn good time!
Reply 4
wonkey
does anyone have any idea as to how this course differs to management at unis such as Warwick?? cos its on ucas extra, and seeing as imperial is so prestigious, i'm interested to c what this course is like.....
how reputable is it with employers??!
thx

just come and have a look at our new business school building. you will fall in love with it...
Reply 5
jiefei_ma
just come and have a look at our new business school building. you will fall in love with it...

He's right. It's tres belle.
Reply 6
Mysticmin
He's right. It's tres belle.

lol but still not good enough for me to give up warwick, right?!
Reply 7
wonkey
lol but still not good enough for me to give up warwick, right?!

It's not. I would much prefer to go to WBS over any Biz programme at IC, even at graduate level. Although there has been huge investement at IC on its business school, it certainly needs a bit of time to get itself truly established though. Even its MBA programme isn't really regarded that highly.
Reply 8
J.S.
It's not. I would much prefer to go to WBS over any Biz programme at IC, even at graduate level. Although there has been huge investement at IC on its business school, it certainly needs a bit of time to get itself truly established though. Even its MBA programme isn't really regarded that highly.

Correct, it may be pretty but it's reputation is not established.
Reply 9
Mysticmin
Correct, it may be pretty but it's reputation is not established.

Yeah, although as a grad student for e.g., I'd still rather go there as opposed to a reasonably well established school at a pretty good university. Not instead of Warwick though, as Warwick combines experience with reputation.

The case of Oxbridge and Biz schools is interesting, but that's cause 'normal rules' do not apply to those 2 universities. Such is the immense prestige that even within a few years they can attract the the best of the best. That is precisely the case with the Judge Institute, founded about 10 years ago and even now the bare minimum it asks for from its PhD applicants is a first class degree. Also, the same for the MBA, it's the most selective after the LBS.
Reply 10
I think the undergraduate bussiness management course in IC is very good. Better than WARWICK!

For the first two years you study science and get a very good background, then in the third year transfer to the bussiness school.
The degree you get is

XXX with Management

XXX could be Math, Chem, Bio ect... you still major in a science subject.
Reply 11
I remember that (not completely sure) in the top 100 MBA schools of the world table, IC bussiness school is between 50-70, same level as the business school in warick.
Reply 12
Trivance

XXX with Management

these courses are excellent! and their graduates are highly demanded in industry..
Reply 13
Trivance
I remember that (not completely sure) in the top 100 MBA schools of the world table, IC bussiness school is between 50-70, same level as the business school in warick.

On the FT table, Warwick is 32nd in the world, and IC is 75th in the top 100, of course this is a mere league table, although easily the most respected table on MBA's in the world, it's still subjective. However, when people think of Biz Schools, they first think of the US. After this, when they get to the UK, they think of the London Business School, then JIMS at Cambridge, Oxford's Said, and WBS, perhaps then Cranfield and Manchester. IC doesn't get a mention, although I am sure it will once it has had time to establish itself - has a long way to go though.
Trivance
I think the undergraduate bussiness management course in IC is very good. Better than WARWICK!

For the first two years you study science and get a very good background, then in the third year transfer to the bussiness school.
The degree you get is

XXX with Management

I want Engineering wtih Management...grrr :mad:
is business management undergraduate course in ic really rubbish? i am thinking of applying but their requirement grade is so low....is it a good idea to put it as an insurance - the building looks fantastic
Reply 16
waiting2cry
is business management undergraduate course in ic really rubbish?

if you do believe so, then i suggest you not apply for IC.
jiefei_ma
if you do believe so, then i suggest you not apply for IC.

i dont know - thats why im asking :smile:
Reply 18
Sorry Jag, you are wrong there.

People from abroad thinking about an MBA would rather go to Imperial College Tanaka Business School and Cass Business School ( btw better ranked than cranfield and Imperial).
This is only because both are located in London.
Moreover, Oxdord Business School is more regarded for its MBA program than JIMS ar CAM.
Lastly, INSEAD in Fointainebleau and IESE in Spain and Bocconi are more prestigious than the above mentionned besiness schools in Europe.

J.S.
On the FT table, Warwick is 32nd in the world, and IC is 75th in the top 100, of course this is a mere league table, although easily the most respected table on MBA's in the world, it's still subjective. However, when people think of Biz Schools, they first think of the US. After this, when they get to the UK, they think of the London Business School, then JIMS at Cambridge, Oxford's Said, and WBS, perhaps then Cranfield and Manchester. IC doesn't get a mention, although I am sure it will once it has had time to establish itself - has a long way to go though.
Trader007
Sorry Jag, you are wrong there.

People from abroad thinking about an MBA would rather go to Imperial College Tanaka Business School and Cass Business School ( btw better ranked than cranfield and Imperial).
This is only because both are located in London.
Moreover, Oxdord Business School is more regarded for its MBA program than JIMS ar CAM.
Lastly, INSEAD in Fointainebleau and IESE in Spain and Bocconi are more prestigious than the above mentionned besiness schools in Europe.

i just looked at the undergraduate site, and it looks like that you can do courses such as business management on its own, with no link to any sciences - or am i wrong there?

Latest

Trending

Trending