Notirem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing AQA Biology AS level.
Just wondering about marking, say you have a 5 mark question and in the mark scheme there's 7 points, would one point get you a mark or would you need all 7 points to get 5 marks.
I saw a paper that had a 5 mark question but on the mark scheme there was 10 points so would you need to write all 10 points for 5 marks or nah

Thanks
Tappouni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Notirem)
I'm doing AQA Biology AS level.
Just wondering about marking, say you have a 5 mark question and in the mark scheme there's 7 points, would one point get you a mark or would you need all 7 points to get 5 marks.
I saw a paper that had a 5 mark question but on the mark scheme there was 10 points so would you need to write all 10 points for 5 marks or nah

Thanks
It should say on the mark scheme, take Q8(a) on BIOL2 from January 2013, it asks about how DNA is replicated, and on the mark scheme, there are 8 separate points under 'Marking Guidance', but under 'Mark' it says 6 max, so you just need 6 out of the 8 marking points to get 6/6 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (429)
43.78%
No (105)
10.71%
I'm not old enough (446)
45.51%

Watched Threads