The Student Room Group

What degree is best for me?

I don't believe in choosing a degree that can get me a 'good job'. Career paths are irrelevant, I want to study a degree that will be interesting and suit my desires. (I hate this question: "well what jobs will that degree get you?")

I'm currently doing AS Levels in history, politics, philosophy, Turkish, and English literature (I'll be dropping Eng Lit).

I've considered a degree in international relations, but I don't know how much I'll enjoy it? I don't really know too much detail about it.

I have a lot of interest in political movements and revolutions. For example, I love studying the work of Malcolm X/MLK/Che Guevara/Deniz Gezmis etc.

It would be right to say I'm an aspiring revolutionist, so I want a degree that will focus on these interests so my 3 years doesn't go to waste.
Original post by thebozmeister
I don't believe in choosing a degree that can get me a 'good job'. Career paths are irrelevant, I want to study a degree that will be interesting and suit my desires. (I hate this question: "well what jobs will that degree get you?")

I'm currently doing AS Levels in history, politics, philosophy, Turkish, and English literature (I'll be dropping Eng Lit).

I've considered a degree in international relations, but I don't know how much I'll enjoy it? I don't really know too much detail about it.

I have a lot of interest in political movements and revolutions. For example, I love studying the work of Malcolm X/MLK/Che Guevara/Deniz Gezmis etc.

It would be right to say I'm an aspiring revolutionist, so I want a degree that will focus on these interests so my 3 years doesn't go to waste.

Political science maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest