The Student Room Group

Which female body-type is best?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
He said it's rare, not impossible, so he didn't insinuate that.

It isn't that rare though. Do you think all lingerie models have fake boobs? Glamour models? He also said. "I think her boobs are fake" based solely on her body type. He also implied fake boobs were bad. I am not okay with that
Reply 81
1 and 2...only because they're like me haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't appreciate being told I'm a "fake woman" because I'm tall and skinny. Being tall and skinny doesn't mean you look like a model or are immune to negative hurtful feelings that come from having your body type mocked.

The last part I agree with. Couldn't care less if someone likes BBWs or very skinny girls, I don't understand why some people get annoyed when people like something different

To be clear, in case my comments are being misunderstood.

Whilst we all have our own personal tastes, and clearly mine are different to the majority on here, I do not like seeing any individual criticised for having what is a normal body shape.

Society, by and large, celebrates the (and I apologise for the gross simplification in my terms) 'thin' and criticises the 'fat'. I have a real problem with that.

I accept that "real women have curves" is potentially hurtful, however those who's body type is close to the societal (and TSR) ideal have much less to cope with than those whose body type is considered to be 'fat'.

Too many people are obese. It's unhealthy and disgusting, and the whole "real woman" thing makes it worse.

I'd say that the massive pressure on women to confirm to a societal ideal is much worse.
It isn't that rare though. Do you think all lingerie models have fake boobs? Glamour models? He also said. "I think her boobs are fake" based solely on her body type. He also implied fake boobs were bad. I am not okay with that

Again, no one's saying 'all'. Some (I'd guess a reasonably sized proportion) of lingerie and glamour models do have fake boobs. And they're women picked specifically for how good their bodies are, so in the general population the proportion of thin women with big boobs is even lower. I'd say calling it rare is perfectly fine, most thin women don't have big boobs.
Original post by just a dad
I'd say that the massive pressure on women to confirm to a societal ideal is much worse.

Whether it's "worse" isn't the point, you can't just do round insulting women because you're jealous of their body type (that's what it is, let's be honest) and expect them to be okay with it because "hey, some people have more problems so my problems don't matter".

And it's a societal ideal for a reason, because being an obese whale isn't healthy.
(edited 9 years ago)
He also implied fake boobs were bad. I am not okay with that

I'm not convinced that a society that pressures girls into have fake boobs is entirely healthy.
Again, no one's saying 'all'. Some (I'd guess a reasonably sized proportion) of lingerie and glamour models do have fake boobs. And they're women picked specifically for how good their bodies are, so in the general population the proportion of thin women with big boobs is even lower. I'd say calling it rare is perfectly fine, most thin women don't have big boobs.

Any stats for that? Because I really don't think it's that rare. Either that or I have a massive number of friends with larger than average tits...

To be clear, in case my comments are being misunderstood.

Whilst we all have our own personal tastes, and clearly mine are different to the majority on here, I do not like seeing any individual criticised for having what is a normal body shape.

Society, by and large, celebrates the (and I apologise for the gross simplification in my terms) 'thin' and criticises the 'fat'. I have a real problem with that.

I accept that "real women have curves" is potentially hurtful, however those who's body type is close to the societal (and TSR) ideal have much less to cope with than those whose body type is considered to be 'fat'.

I agree with you. I just don't see why either side needs to fling insults. Instead of skinny women calling big women whales and big women calling skinny women sticks, we should band together and refuse to have our bodies objectified and commodified by the media..
I'm not convinced that a society that pressures girls into have fake boobs is entirely healthy.

Pressurising no. But if a girl wants fake ones and is happier with them go ahead
Any stats for that? Because I really don't think it's that rare. Either that or I have a massive number of friends with larger than average tits...

For what? There's no statistical definition of "rare".
Whether it's "worse" isn't the point, you can't just do round insulting women because you're jealous of their body type (that's what it is, let's be honest) and expect them to be okay with it because "hey, some people have more problems so my problems don't matter".

And it's a societal ideal for a reason, because being an obese whale isn't healthy.

The first para is fair comment, although I still think that my message has got a little lost in translation.

However your second para wholly undoes any good work done in your first para. The fact that you refer to "obese whales" rather illustrates my point.
The first para is fair comment, although I still think that my message has got a little lost in translation.

However your second para wholly undoes any good work done in your first para. The fact that you refer to "obese whales" rather illustrates my point.

I'm talking properly disgustingly obese. It's unhealthy and should be discouraged, not accepted.
For what? There's no statistical definition of "rare".

Rare would be less than 10% no?
Rare would be less than 10% no?

Not necessarily. Rare could be anything up to 49.9% imo.
1 although her pose might be hiding something.

2 is decent weight-wise but she's unlucky with the hip-waist ratio.

The rest need to lay off the cakes and, more importantly, go for a run.
Not necessarily. Rare could be anything up to 49.9% imo.

I wouldn't say 49% is a small or rare group, that's almost half...
See, that's a great attitude. If you were overweight (I don't know if you were) then losing weight is the right way to do things, not accepting yourself the way you are and never improving.
Reply 98

If skinny girls with big boobs are mostly lingerie and glamour models, then it's very rare.
I wouldn't say 49% is a small or rare group, that's almost half...

Exactly, it's under half.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending