The Student Room Group

AQA Law - Monday 2nd June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone actually finish the paper? I always run out of time in law exams. So unfair. And now I have to revise for unit 3 and 4 too :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by qwertyuiopp
Did anyone actually finish the paper? I always run out of time in law exams. So unfair. And now I have to revise for unit 3 and 4 too :frown:

I didnt finish the whole paper. This unit 2 exam was harder than the other unit 2 in the past papers :angry:
Reply 62
Original post by Jay_1
I didnt finish the whole paper. This unit 2 exam was harder than the other unit 2 in the past papers :angry:

That exam was okay pretty solid :P

I got to revise for 3 and 4 too :frown:
I thought that was pretty difficult tbh, although I think I did alright. When I saw the question about AR+MR of s20 AND transferred malice AND apply in one question I was like hoooooly ****, did you guys just briefly go through the AR and MR in a few lines, then do the definition and cases for transferred malice then just apply it to say why transferred malice was applicable to make that guy liable for the gbh?
I had to check I was doing the right paper for a second because they don't normally word the questions like that.
I hate how they spoon feed you what offence it is now
Original post by qwertyuiopp

Same, ive got unit 3 and 4 aswell
It was alright, just SO different from all of the other past papers. Some of the questions were quite lengthy too. I left one question out. There's so much to write for s47!
Reply 67
Original post by exammaster69
I hate how they spoon feed you what offence it is now

No that is better because then it would take us all longer to know what the offence is and it might be the wrong one
Original post by snikutsmullac
It was alright, just SO different from all of the other past papers. Some of the questions were quite lengthy too. I left one question out. There's so much to write for s47!

Yeah I hate s47, having to go through assault and apply then justifying the harm was ABH etc. is like doing 2 questions haha.. did you do contract? The scenario for contract was literally twice its usual size, it took me ages just to get my head around it haha..
Original post by lmorgan95
I thought that was pretty difficult tbh, although I think I did alright. When I saw the question about AR+MR of s20 AND transferred malice AND apply in one question I was like hoooooly ****, did you guys just briefly go through the AR and MR in a few lines, then do the definition and cases for transferred malice then just apply it to say why transferred malice was applicable to make that guy liable for the gbh?
I had to check I was doing the right paper for a second because they don't normally word the questions like that.

It was ridiculous. That should have been worth more than ten marks.

I did: actus reus of s20, Unlawful, definition of wound from Moriarty v Brookes, definition of GBH from parmenter.

Mens rea of s20: maliciously, Savage, recklessness, Cunningham.

Transferred malice, latimer.

Application: I put transferred malice could not apply - he did not have any mens rea in the first place - he did not mean to hit the other man, and he did not know of his injury, and he was not reckless as he did not foresee any risk at all.
Original post by lmorgan95
Yeah I hate s47, having to go through assault and apply then justifying the harm was ABH etc. is like doing 2 questions haha.. did you do contract? The scenario for contract was literally twice its usual size, it took me ages just to get my head around it haha..

I did tort, but that was harder than usual too. Here's hoping for low grade boundaries!
Reply 71
Yeah tm couldnt apply as the offences were different the Mr of battery couldnt be transferred to the offence of gbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! How did you find law 2 exam? I kind of got stuck on question the remoteness question! Where it asked about the recovery part
Reply 73
Original post by AthiaKarim
Hi everyone! How did you find law 2 exam? I kind of got stuck on question the remoteness question! Where it asked about the recovery part

It was okay my hands were hurting after the exam though way too much writing :frown:

The remoteness was just application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilsz
It was okay my hands were hurting after the exam though way too much writing :frown:

The remoteness was just application

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completed the whole paper, it was just so different from any other past paper! I outlined remoteness and got confused at the part where it talked about "recover something something" idek

OMG there were so different!! The exam was so scary! And which question did you leave out?
OMG there were so different!! The exam was so scary! And which question did you leave out?

Was Una in breach of her duty of care to Tom.

Possibly one of the worst questions to leave out, seens as it was 8 marks + 2 AO3 marks.

I answered every other question very well, I think...
Was Una in breach of her duty of care to Tom.

Possibly one of the worst questions to leave out, seens as it was 8 marks + 2 AO3 marks.

I answered every other question very well, I think...

You should be okay, don't stress! Last year I missed out 3 questions (8 markers included) and still managed to get a C! As long as you answered everything else fine, then you're all good! You'd even still be able to get an A tbh
You should be okay, don't stress! Last year I missed out 3 questions (8 markers included) and still managed to get a C! As long as you answered everything else fine, then you're all good! You'd even still be able to get an A tbh

No disrespect but I'd be upset with a C, I want to study Law at university so obviously really want an A :/ I'd imagine the boundaries are going to be a bit lower this year, seens as the paper was so different, there are no more january exams and everyone found it challenging time-wise :s-smilie:
No disrespect but I'd be upset with a C, I want to study Law at university so obviously really want an A :/ I'd imagine the boundaries are going to be a bit lower this year, seens as the paper was so different, there are no more january exams and everyone found it challenging time-wise :s-smilie:

LMFAOO!! Don't worry! If I was settling for a C I wouldn't be retaking this unit! And I just meant I worst came to worst, as in my case last year, where I missed out 3 questions! You'll definitely get your A provided you answered everything else well!! And yeah the boundries will deffo go lower! I hope so atleast!

And I wanna study law at uni too! Where have you got your offers at? I've got mine at the university of Birmingham and Aston!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending