Stop comparing the UK to the USA Please!!!!!! Watch

Beyoncstan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Please stop with the comparisons between USA and UK! You can't compare the the 2 countries the UK is WAY too small to be compered to America. It's just not a fair comparison at all. The UK is more comparable to Canada, Germany, France, Australia (Midsize countries) It makes no sense to see people on this forum all the time compare a nation with 300 Million People, 57% White,a 16 Trillion dollar GDP to a Small island nation with 60 Million People, 90% White and 2 Trillion GDP. In economic terms you can only compare the USA to China, Japan , EU. It's so ridiculous to always compare yourselves to the United States. The USA is a hegemony Superpower with unrivaled political, military economic influence.

This map shoes why it's really silly to compare the 2 nations.

felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But the UK invented the USA, and they are the two most similar and most valuable countries on Earth, so I would say it is a fair comparison.
Talipso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol, my thread was about living in both countries. It's perfectly possible to compare living in a larger country to living in a smaller one.
PythianLegume
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Comparisons come from differences, though.
insomniacz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Take a chill pill bro
Beyoncstan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by felamaslen)
But the UK invented the USA, and they are the two most similar and most valuable countries on Earth, so I would say it is a fair comparison.
The UK did not invent America, American invented itself and it's current form of government. The UK founded the 13 original colonies. 2\3rd of the USA was purchased from France(Louisiana Purchase) and the SouthWest from Spain\Mexico.
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Beyoncstan)
The UK did not invent America, American invented itself and it's current form of government. The UK founded the 13 original colonies. 2\3rd of the USA was purchased from France(Louisiana Purchase) and the SouthWest from Spain\Mexico.
The philosophy which underpins the American way of life has its roots in Britain. The founders of the USA were British.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aw, bless the little weirdo with his ENORMOUS inferiority complex.

Why else would they feel like they have to make hundreds of threads proclaiming a country's supposed greatness?
OhhNo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like to refer to America as 'the colonies' to see how many people get ridiculously defensive :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
cyxstudio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please stop with the comparisons between USA and UK! You can't compare the the 2 countries the UK is WAY too small to be compered to America. It's just not a fair comparison at all. The UK is more comparable to Canada, Germany, France, Australia (Midsize countries) It makes no sense to see people on this forum all the time compare a nation with 300 Million People, 57% White,a 16 Trillion dollar GDP to a Small island nation with 60 Million People, 90% White and 2 Trillion GDP. In economic terms you can only compare the USA to China, Japan , EU. It's so ridiculous to always compare yourselves to the United States. The USA is a hegemony Superpower with unrivaled political, military economic influence.

This map shoes why it's really silly to compare the 2 nations.

Thank you for even putting ireland in the picture.
ronmack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Texas might have a higher GDP then UK lol
Dr Alcoholic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You do realise canada is the second biggest country in the world, bigger than the USA.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't realise the isles were do big.

Anyway OP, you are the only creating these dumb threads comparing the USA to everyone else.
PsychadelicScarf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr Alcoholic)
You do realise canada is the second biggest country in the world, bigger than the USA.
Yeah was basically just about to say this :/
rs232
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr Alcoholic)
With a population smaller than ours
Das69itmane
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
90% white? sure feels like it's maybe 60% or even 20%
spanker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Small island nation with 60 Million People, 90% White
Where did you get this figure?
LonelyDemon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1. Canada is bigger than the USA 2. Why is Ireland in the picture too? 3. Don't tell people what to do
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I totally agree, you can't compare the two.

We have better healthcare, life expectancy, sport, culture, education, and less religion, fatties, racists and homophobes.
ronmack
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
UK can't be compared to Canada or Australia both countries has much lower population but both countries are full of natural resources. Other hand it can be compared to France, Germany, Italy etc. Unfortunately half of the Europe is in big economics problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads