Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    Well Cats is kind of related to sociology....

Just not very much.
    :P It's all about psychology mate

Nah it would be Les Miserables - Revolutions (specifically my obsession with the French Revolution)
    Chess - the Cold War and all the chess psychology
    We Will Rock You - Globalisation and the power of the media (a slightly more tenuous link, but after my ranting on the first two a light break )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    :P It's all about psychology mate

Nah it would be Les Miserables - Revolutions (specifically my obsession with the French Revolution)
    Chess - the Cold War and all the chess psychology
    We Will Rock You - Globalisation and the power of the media (a slightly more tenuous link, but after my ranting on the first two a light break )
    And Grease, a gripping and thought provoking analysis of the changing roles of the 'family' and the 'cohabitational' dynamic in a postmodernist culture as well as the influence that media stereotypes can have on interpersonal relationships.

ReputationRep:

Oh shush :P
    I'm reading all these books on the KGB and the cold war as a result of Chess at the moment. Feel my politics knowledge!

ReputationRep:

Oh shush :P
    I'm reading all these books on the KGB and the cold war as a result of Chess at the moment. Feel my politics knowledge!
    Bah! The KGB is just the Stasi with cheaper suits and thicker accents. The Stasi is where the fun is at.

( Did you ever see Eleven Days? It's set around the Cuban Missile Crisis. Quite good, says I. )

ReputationRep:
    My conspiracy theory obsessed piano teacher likes it but I've never seen it. Usually too busy on my PC too watch videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    Bah! The KGB is just the Stasi with cheaper suits and thicker accents. The Stasi is where the fun is at.

( Did you ever see Eleven Days? It's set around the Cuban Missile Crisis. Quite good, says I. )
    13 days wasn't it? And I agree it was an excellent film. Anyone know how historically accurate it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    13 days wasn't it? And I agree it was an excellent film. Anyone know how historically accurate it was?
    Thirteen Days... yeah. Deliberate mistake.... ....

Anyway. I seem to have a tendancy to do that. I once called 1984, 1985. Made up for it by a jpke about the sequel being better.

It wasn't all that far off the mark AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I'm always doing things like that.
    Mind you I did forget there was a country called Greece a couple of times :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I'm always doing things like that.
    Mind you I did forget there was a country called Greece a couple of times :rolleyes:
    A girl I knew once admitted she 'wasn't sure' where Wales was. Not Beirut I can understand, Zimbabwe is understandable and Mozambique is nothing but reasonable.... but WALES?

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know from my windband was supposedly reading something which said that a lot of people are born outside of wedlock. She went and looked up a map for somewhere called Wedlock.

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know from my windband was supposedly reading something which said that a lot of people are born outside of wedlock. She went and looked up a map for somewhere called Wedlock.
    Ha!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and another friend was convinced until about a year ago that Wales was spelt Whales :rolleyes:

Afternoon shiny

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon shiny
    Good afternoon my young lady. How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Not too good I'm ill atm, and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm not feeling very good about.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Not too good I'm ill atm, and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm not feeling very good about.

How are you?
    Poor you { shiny attempts to use Jedi Telepathic Healing powers on Acaila }

I am just dandy Just been out running.

ReputationRep:
    I feel better already! Thanks shiny

You go out running a lot? Very energetic . I can't really do much running or sports stuff these days because I picked up a knee injury when I was skiing in February I'm such a disaster area!

ReputationRep:
    I feel better already! Thanks shiny

You go out running a lot? Very energetic . I can't really do much running or sports stuff these days because I picked up a knee injury when I was skiing in February I'm such a disaster area!
    Yep. All the way to Girton and back.

Are you seeing a physio?

ReputationRep:
    The doctors didn't think there was much point because of the length of the waiting lists. It's healed quite a bit now but last week I kinda rolled over onto it by accident and it's giving me problems again. But I can almost bend it normally so it's not as bad as it was.

And isn't Girton like light years away?

ReputationRep:
    The doctors didn't think there was much point because of the length of the waiting lists. It's healed quite a bit now but last week I kinda rolled over onto it by accident and it's giving me problems again. But I can almost bend it normally so it's not as bad as it was.

And isn't Girton like light years away?
    { shiny uses Jedi Physiotherapist power on Acaila's knee }

It is good that Girton is far away makes me sweat a lot and gets my heart rate going.

ReputationRep:
    Jedis need exercise do they?
    Methinks you're wasted as an engineer

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.