This discussion is closed.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Faboba)
Well Cats is kind of related to sociology....

Just not very much.
:P It's all about psychology mate

Nah it would be Les Miserables - Revolutions (specifically my obsession with the French Revolution)
Chess - the Cold War and all the chess psychology
We Will Rock You - Globalisation and the power of the media (a slightly more tenuous link, but after my ranting on the first two a light break )
Faboba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
:P It's all about psychology mate

Nah it would be Les Miserables - Revolutions (specifically my obsession with the French Revolution)
Chess - the Cold War and all the chess psychology
We Will Rock You - Globalisation and the power of the media (a slightly more tenuous link, but after my ranting on the first two a light break )
And Grease, a gripping and thought provoking analysis of the changing roles of the 'family' and the 'cohabitational' dynamic in a postmodernist culture as well as the influence that media stereotypes can have on interpersonal relationships.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Oh shush :P
I'm reading all these books on the KGB and the cold war as a result of Chess at the moment. Feel my politics knowledge!
Faboba
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Oh shush :P
I'm reading all these books on the KGB and the cold war as a result of Chess at the moment. Feel my politics knowledge!
Bah! The KGB is just the Stasi with cheaper suits and thicker accents. The Stasi is where the fun is at.

( Did you ever see Eleven Days? It's set around the Cuban Missile Crisis. Quite good, says I. )
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My conspiracy theory obsessed piano teacher likes it but I've never seen it. Usually too busy on my PC too watch videos
H&E
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Faboba)
Bah! The KGB is just the Stasi with cheaper suits and thicker accents. The Stasi is where the fun is at.

( Did you ever see Eleven Days? It's set around the Cuban Missile Crisis. Quite good, says I. )
13 days wasn't it? And I agree it was an excellent film. Anyone know how historically accurate it was?
Faboba
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by H&E)
13 days wasn't it? And I agree it was an excellent film. Anyone know how historically accurate it was?
Thirteen Days... yeah. Deliberate mistake.... ....

Anyway. I seem to have a tendancy to do that. I once called 1984, 1985. Made up for it by a jpke about the sequel being better.

It wasn't all that far off the mark AFAIK.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe I'm always doing things like that.
Mind you I did forget there was a country called Greece a couple of times :rolleyes:
Faboba
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe I'm always doing things like that.
Mind you I did forget there was a country called Greece a couple of times :rolleyes:
A girl I knew once admitted she 'wasn't sure' where Wales was. Not Beirut I can understand, Zimbabwe is understandable and Mozambique is nothing but reasonable.... but WALES?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A girl I know from my windband was supposedly reading something which said that a lot of people are born outside of wedlock. She went and looked up a map for somewhere called Wedlock.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A girl I know from my windband was supposedly reading something which said that a lot of people are born outside of wedlock. She went and looked up a map for somewhere called Wedlock.
Ha!
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh and another friend was convinced until about a year ago that Wales was spelt Whales :rolleyes:

Afternoon shiny
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Afternoon shiny
Good afternoon my young lady. How are you?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not too good I'm ill atm, and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm not feeling very good about.

How are you?
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not too good I'm ill atm, and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm not feeling very good about.

How are you?
Poor you { shiny attempts to use Jedi Telepathic Healing powers on Acaila }

I am just dandy Just been out running.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I feel better already! Thanks shiny

You go out running a lot? Very energetic . I can't really do much running or sports stuff these days because I picked up a knee injury when I was skiing in February I'm such a disaster area!
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I feel better already! Thanks shiny

You go out running a lot? Very energetic . I can't really do much running or sports stuff these days because I picked up a knee injury when I was skiing in February I'm such a disaster area!
Yep. All the way to Girton and back.

Are you seeing a physio?
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The doctors didn't think there was much point because of the length of the waiting lists. It's healed quite a bit now but last week I kinda rolled over onto it by accident and it's giving me problems again. But I can almost bend it normally so it's not as bad as it was.

And isn't Girton like light years away?
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The doctors didn't think there was much point because of the length of the waiting lists. It's healed quite a bit now but last week I kinda rolled over onto it by accident and it's giving me problems again. But I can almost bend it normally so it's not as bad as it was.

And isn't Girton like light years away?
{ shiny uses Jedi Physiotherapist power on Acaila's knee }

It is good that Girton is far away makes me sweat a lot and gets my heart rate going.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Jedis need exercise do they?
Methinks you're wasted as an engineer
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (70)
53.44%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.63%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.69%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.19%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.05%

Watched Threads