Optometry Students 2015

Watch this thread
OneLittleStudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone is thinking of applying for optometry(starting from 2015) ?
Paige the book
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
I am hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paige the book
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
What subjects are you doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Hi there I'm doing Biology Chemistry Maths Psychology currently in AS wbu?
Paige the book
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Biology chemistry maths and physics. But plan to drop physics. Do you plan to drop anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Well it all depends on results day tbh but I want to drop psychology
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Well it all depends on results day tbh but I want to drop psychology
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Have you done any work experience? I just can't seem to get any in any opticians
SerLorasTyrell
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OneLittleStudent)
Have you done any work experience? I just can't seem to get any in any opticians
I'm not applying but have done work experience in an opticians and it wasn't particularly difficult, I'd suggest contacting some places that aren't the big chains, like run by one optician and have one shop, that would probably be easiest as that's what I done

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Ohh okay which opticians did you do it at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SerLorasTyrell
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Ohh okay which opticians did you do it at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just a local one that is most likely hundreds of miles from where you are

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Oh right okay, most of local ones I've rang up or emailed have all said we can't offer/accommodate it including specsavers and vision express and some non franchise opticians

Posted from TSR Mobile
SerLorasTyrell
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Oh right okay, most of local ones I've rang up or emailed have all said we can't offer/accommodate it including specsavers and vision express and some non franchise opticians

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd recommend actually going into the shop and talking to them, much more likely to say yes then, just ask if you can help out in the shop and stuff, make it seem like you will help them and they won't have to go out their way for you

That's what I done but I did get to sit in on a couple eye tests at a point

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Oh right thanks, yeah I think I'll try that but some of them just say you will have tp speak to head office and give me a number. I've done a weeks work experience in a hospital and do volunteering at a society for Blind and Partially Sighted People. Do you think that will be enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SerLorasTyrell
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Oh right thanks, yeah I think I'll try that but some of them just say you will have tp speak to head office and give me a number. I've done a weeks work experience in a hospital and do volunteering at a society for Blind and Partially Sighted People. Do you think that will be enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seems like it to me, but I've not really looked into it sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
No worries thanks anyways! What are you thinking of applying to?
shabz(1997)
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
what kind of grades in GCSE do you really need to stand a chance???
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
I'm not too sure but for my GCSEs I got 8 A*s and 3 As and 4 distinction*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
OneLittleStudent
Rep:
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SerLorasTyrell
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
No worries thanks anyways! What are you thinking of applying to?
Either chemistry, biochemistry or biological science, perhaps a bit of each

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads