Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I want to get my hair cut before I go to uni in September, and I'm thinking of getting a fringe. I haven't had one since I was about four and I was wondering if I booked a hair appointment under "cut and blow dry" whether they'd charge me extra for a "restyle" if I did get a fringe. I know they can sneakily do that. Does a fringe count as a restyle? It's just that I'd be deciding on the day; the hairdresser may recommend that I don't get one because it'd wouldn't suit my face shape or whatever.

Hope you peeps can help!

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if im wrong but how is it possible to go to the hairdressers to get a fringe, surly its something you grow!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's something you can have cut into your hair, but thanks for your helpful input anyway.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *titanium*)
    Correct me if im wrong but how is it possible to go to the hairdressers to get a fringe, surly its something you grow!
    lol typical male reply... how on earth do you think a girl gets long hair on the majority of her head, and then short hair at the front where she has a fringe - it doesn't just grow like that?! you have to cut the front of the hair to the length you want. lol that really made me laugh out loud.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they probably will charge you extra in my experience. Obviously they might not, and that'd be a bonus, but I'd assume that they probably will, just to be on the safe side!

ReputationRep:
    It depends - when i went to get a fringe cut just on its own (big mistake!!!) it cost £3 i think - but because you are getting something else done they may not.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! :punk:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.