Notirem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Honest opinion what do you guys think about A level Law, ICT and Biology?

I do AS Chem, Biology, Law and ICT but im dropping Chemistry next year.

Im thinking of doing accounting and finance or maybe something to do with computers like networking. Im not sure.

What do you think about Law, I know unis apparently dont like. Soft subject? Academic?

Personally I dont think its soft coming from a student who goy higher than average GCSE results.. lots of memorising and application

Ps if I could do it again I would definitely change ICT and Chemistry to History and Maths.

Thanks
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dont think Law is a soft subject, it encourages critical thinking. ICT is good, especially today its almost essential as you will probly use them
Biology aswell, always good to have a science subject.
I think if you are doing Acc and Finance, probly good to have a maths subject or business related subject
Also,, try to get relevant work experience
Mav455
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dont think Law is a soft subject, it encourages critical thinking. ICT is good, especially today its almost essential as you will probly use them
Biology aswell, always good to have a science subject.
I think if you are doing Acc and Finance, probly good to have a maths subject or business related subject
Also,, try to get relevant work experience
AnnaGra
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got into accounting and finance degrees at durham/bath/loughborough etc with maths, biology and chemistry.

ICT or Law would be good background for an accounting/business degree I think, as you don't have business/maths but high russel group universities often have lists like 'have only one of the following:' and I'm fairly sure both ICT and law are in them but you'll have to check!

Also, if you're not a fan of chemistry you've done the right thing dropping it. Its hard and if you don't have the motivation to want to do it it'll be even harder.
Do what you enjoy and at the end there will be a route into the career you want. Plus you're more likely to get good grades if you like the subject!

Having relevant work experience will be essential if you want to get into a good uni! Gives you something noticable to talk about on your personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.04%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (41)
13.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.54%

Watched Threads