I led a guy on, now I feel terrible. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I met this guy, I did like him at first but then after a while I started to see that maybe I don't like him as much as he likes me and that we aren't compatible. I think maybe I was more in love with the idea of someone actually liking me and not the guy.

I think also he moved to fast and I just got swept away, like I can't even explain it, but before I knew it he's basically in love with me and I'm here like HOW? it's only been like 3 months.

He's such a lovely person and he could do a lot better than me but he's not for me and I feel terrible about it. I know the more I'm being nice to him and not telling him how I really feel I am making it worse but I can't seem to tell him that this isn't going anywhere and I want to end it.

It's been really getting me down, today I didn't even go outside because I just feel so ****** about it, everytime I think about him I just feel sad and like a terrible person, as I feel like I can't win, either way I'm going to hurt him.

He texted me this morning saying ''Good morning beautiful, have an amazing day'' and it just makes me feel sick. He was talking the other day about taking me to Mexico in the summer for a holiday and I was like STOP!!!!!!!!!! I feel like he maybe knows that I don't feel as much for him as he does me and he thinks whisking me off to Mexico and doing all these nice things for me will suddenly make me fall head over heels in love with him, but it wont.

It's like everytime I go to tell him I bottle it or he does something like sends me a cute text message and I think how can I say that I don't like him now.

I don't know what to do TSR, I didn't expect it to get this serious so soon.
Llewellyn_J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To the gallows with you!
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met this guy, I did like him at first but then after a while I started to see that maybe I don't like him as much as he likes me and that we aren't compatible. I think maybe I was more in love with the idea of someone actually liking me and not the guy.

I think also he moved to fast and I just got swept away, like I can't even explain it, but before I knew it he's basically in love with me and I'm here like HOW? it's only been like 3 months.

He's such a lovely person and he could do a lot better than me but he's not for me and I feel terrible about it. I know the more I'm being nice to him and not telling him how I really feel I am making it worse but I can't seem to tell him that this isn't going anywhere and I want to end it.

It's been really getting me down, today I didn't even go outside because I just feel so ****** about it, everytime I think about him I just feel sad and like a terrible person, as I feel like I can't win, either way I'm going to hurt him.

He texted me this morning saying ''Good morning beautiful, have an amazing day'' and it just makes me feel sick. He was talking the other day about taking me to Mexico in the summer for a holiday and I was like STOP!!!!!!!!!! I feel like he maybe knows that I don't feel as much for him as he does me and he thinks whisking me off to Mexico and doing all these nice things for me will suddenly make me fall head over heels in love with him, but it wont.

It's like everytime I go to tell him I bottle it or he does something like sends me a cute text message and I think how can I say that I don't like him now.

I don't know what to do TSR, I didn't expect it to get this serious so soon.
Just get on with it. Telling him in any way is better than dragging it on any longer.
Tai Ga
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really it's not hard OP. Just break it off.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell him you that you are going to Yemen.
Anonymous #1
I can't do it I'm too much of a *****.
Llewellyn_J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok then. If you can't do it then keep leading him on until you marry him. That way, everybody wins!
Anonymous #1
I might just ignore him forever and ever and ever and ever until he gets the hint.
Tai Ga
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't do it I'm too much of a *****.
Do you see yourself with this guy in the future? What if he becomes even more attached and starts wanting to go steady? It's going to be even harder then. You just have to man up and do what's right. Be honest with him.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I might just ignore him forever and ever and ever and ever until he gets the hint.
That is far crueller than just telling him the truth.
BlackLipBastard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
That is far crueller than just telling him the truth.
Childish Gambino is that you?
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BlackLip*******)
Childish Gambino is that you?
I think so.
BlackLipBastard
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think so.
Pleased to meet you
ApeMob
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think so.
Never. lol
Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Talk to him about the issue that you feel your not suitable to him and let him think and give his decision. You can't just go hurting others?Don't you have a heart?Don't you know how it will hurt when a person is spoken to like that? immediate talking like what you are doing is very very wrong!!!
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BlackLip*******)
Pleased to meet you

(Original post by ApeMob)
Never. lol
I am Donald Glover. Why would I lie?!?!?!?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This situation is commonplace, don't beat yourself up too much. It will hurt him but its best to be straight immediately. The worst thing, speaking from personal experience, is a period of being treated badly prior to being dumped.
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Grow a backbone for goodness sake. Whats wrong with this generation?
muf_mur
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
go with the classic "i am not good enough for you..you deserve better"
climbing_trees88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
^ This is literally the most soul destroying thing you could do. Honestly, it would be a lot more sparing to just explain things straight. You feel awful because you know what you have to do and you aren't doing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (107)
28.38%
1 (61)
16.18%
2 (54)
14.32%
3 (60)
15.92%
4 (28)
7.43%
5 (25)
6.63%
6 (11)
2.92%
7+ (31)
8.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise