The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Geography at Cardiff?

Hi, to anybody studying geography at Cardiff, or has visited an open day, what do you think of the course? It seems quite theoretical/philosophical for a geography degree, but I think I might like it, I'm unsure. I've read about the modules on the website, but some of them I don't really understand what they're actually about. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Please help me people! :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey! I've been to an open day at Cardiff but I think I'm going to go again because it was too much to fit into an afternoon, I live in cardiff. Are you looking at earth and environmental science or human geography ?
Reply 3
Original post by ummm...
Hey! I've been to an open day at Cardiff but I think I'm going to go again because it was too much to fit into an afternoon, I live in cardiff. Are you looking at earth and environmental science or human geography ?

Hi, I've only just found Cardiff's human geography course and it looks really good. I'm hoping to attend an open day soon. As you say it seems quite abstract of sorts but i think that would suit me well. What is Cardiff honestly like as a city? I've heard very mixed thing? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rod1234
Hi, I've only just found Cardiff's human geography course and it looks really good. I'm hoping to attend an open day soon. As you say it seems quite abstract of sorts but i think that would suit me well. What is Cardiff honestly like as a city? I've heard very mixed thing? :smile:

As someone who's lived here all my life I've probably got a completely different opinion to a prospective student who's looking at living in the city. To be honest, I love it, and of course I said that because it's my home town but there's plenty to do and it's a safe city. It's small, it's technically a large town, but I think that's good, because you can always bump into someone you know. If you have any particular questions about the city, I'd be happy to answer them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending