The Student Room Group

This alevel combination

Honest opinion what do you guys think about A level Law, ICT and Biology?

I do AS Chem, Biology, Law and ICT but im dropping Chemistry next year.

Im thinking of doing accounting and finance or maybe something to do with computers like networking. Im not sure.

What do you think about Law, I know unis apparently dont like. Soft subject? Academic?

Personally I dont think its soft coming from a student who goy higher than average GCSE results.. lots of memorising and application

Ps if I could do it again I would definitely change ICT and Chemistry to History and Maths.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Notirem
Honest opinion what do you guys think about A level Law, ICT and Biology?

I do AS Chem, Biology, Law and ICT but im dropping Chemistry next year.

Im thinking of doing accounting and finance or maybe something to do with computers like networking. Im not sure.

What do you think about Law, I know unis apparently dont like. Soft subject? Academic?

Personally I dont think its soft coming from a student who goy higher than average GCSE results.. lots of memorising and application

Ps if I could do it again I would definitely change ICT and Chemistry to History and Maths.

Law is regarded as a soft subject, its also pretty pointless. My Dad's a barrister and I know that he doesn't regard it at all and neither do any of his colleagues. If I were you I'd drop law, but for what you want to do maths is surely an obvious choice?
Reply 2
double mickey mouse and one facilitating subject, I personally wouldn't.

Law is definitely soft, memorisation doesn't make a subject hard it just makes it more tedious, compare it to the likes of economics or maths and then you'll see a vast difference.

You're limiting your options with those 3 but if that's what you feel will be best for you right now then fair enough.

History and Maths are great, I'd recommend doing maths or something rather than Law imo, especially if you want to go into accounting/finance/computing
Reply 3
Original post by Bazbaz
Law is regarded as a soft subject, its also pretty pointless. My Dad's a barrister and I know that he doesn't regard it at all and neither do any of his colleagues. If I were you I'd drop law, but for what you want to do maths is surely an obvious choice?

Yh but ive nearly finished my first year. I definitely dont want to do an extra year but if I do ill probably pick maths up

Quick Reply

Latest