jessybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm applying to start my first year at uni in september. I've sent off my student finance application, but my parents still need to give financial information.

1) looking back on it, i've noticed that in the "your course" section, one question reads:

"Date you will start or did start your course? (dd/mm/yyyy).

23/09/2013"

but i'll be starting in september 2014. i remember when filling it in, the answer box already had a date filled in and greyed out so I could not write anything in it.

have i done something wrong on the application or is this an error?

2) also, which year do my parents need to give financial information from? The website says:

"Give financial details for Tax Year 2011/2012 to support Jess's application for academic year 2013/2014"

but obviously this is the wrong year - do they need to give 2011/2012 anyway, or should they put in 2012/2013?

or have i just messed the whole thing up?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello

It would be best to call us on 0300 100 0607, as it sounds as if you have applied for the wrong academic year. Your parents should be giving information from the tax year 2012/13 but please call and we can advise from there.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.03%
I'm not sure (2)
1.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (38)
31.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (57)
46.72%

Watched Threads