The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura961
Me neither!! So I hope it doesn't come up. What even is the formula.....

Original post by cdude
Normal distribution?

I've never even heard of it

It's related to standard deviation- mehhhhh cba to learn it! It must be unlikely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody give me some advice regarding the 13 mark questions? How much should i be looking to write? I feel good on my content, but I have no idea how to structure exam questions/what the examiner is looking for and it has never been explained to me.

Please!!
Original post by cdude
Marketing Strategy

A marketing strategy for a business could be 'to increase market share by 10% but 2020'. This strategy follows 'SMART' i'm sure you're familiar with this.
State the strategy and explain why it would be useful for the business. Next, describe how the business can achieve this aim.

Market Research

For the market research topic, you've pretty much got it.

You must always refer back to the case study and include information about the business given (thats how you get the level 3 of analysis).

Explain both primary and secondary, giving examples with negatives and positives for each. Again, relate to the business.

Give a conclusion on what you feel is most important (for the level 4 evaluation)

Hope that makes sense :smile:

are strategies and objectives the same thing?
we havent done SMART but it seems pretty simple...
could you give me some e.g. strategys?
thanks x
Original post by rebekahmchale
Can anybody give me some advice regarding the 13 mark questions? How much should i be looking to write? I feel good on my content, but I have no idea how to structure exam questions/what the examiner is looking for and it has never been explained to me.

Please!!

Begin with a small introduction, 2-3 lines long defining what the question has asked in context of the business (e.g. A SWOT analysis is an auditing tool that businesses utilise to review their current position...).

2-3 paragraphs on the actual topic question asked making sure it is in context of the business. Start with your most important point first and continue from their making sure you always relate back to the firm's objectives, etc. For L4, evaluate each point with reasons relevant to the business (e.g. ... because they control 50% of the market <-- add data from case study).

Conclusion outlining your points and justifying your view and decision on the given question (i.e. Should ____ use above-the-line promotion? why?) Again 2-3 lines should be enough.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by daisyrushforth
are strategies and objectives the same thing?
we havent done SMART but it seems pretty simple...
could you give me some e.g. strategys?
thanks x

Marketing strategy is a long term plan of action by which the organisation intends to achieve its marketing objectives.
So marketing objective might be :
Raise market share by 5%
Whereas a marketing strategy would try to identify long term techniques to try and achieve that objective :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BessanAwezie
Begin with a small introduction, 2-3 lines long defining what the question has asked in context of the business (e.g. A SWOT analysis is an auditing tool that businesses utilise to review their current position...).

2-3 paragraphs on the actual topic question asked making sure it is in context of the business. Start with your most important point first and continue from their making sure you always relate back to the firm's objectives, etc. For L4, evaluate each point with reasons relevant to the business (e.g. ... because they control 50% of the market <-- add data from case study).

Conclusion outlining your points and justifying your view and decision on the given question (i.e. Should ____ use above-the-line promotion? why?) Again 2-3 lines should be enough.

I See! Not too dissimilar from AS! Thank you so, so much I really appreciate that! Do you have any further advice on the 18 Markers? If you don't mind me asking
Evaluate ways in which David could assess how PCL’s marketing activities
assist in the achievement of its business objectives. (13)

How would I answer that? Wording is very awkward.
Original post by rebekahmchale
I See! Not too dissimilar from AS! Thank you so, so much I really appreciate that! Do you have any further advice on the 18 Markers? If you don't mind me asking

18 markers would be the same thing but 3-4 paragraphs and this time considering the advantages and disadvantages as well as reasoning behind each point.

Try to always relate back to the firm's objectives and their future as well as the wider market and external factors.
Original post by helpmeplease101
Evaluate ways in which David could assess how PCL’s marketing activities
assist in the achievement of its business objectives. (13)

How would I answer that? Wording is very awkward.

It's basically asking you how could David assess that his marketing activities are effective?

So relate back to overall objectives of PCL, use of AED?, expected increase in sales?
Original post by BessanAwezie
It's basically asking you how could David assess that his marketing activities are effective?

So relate back to overall objectives of PCL, use of AED?, expected increase in sales?

Thank you, sorry what does AED stand for?

Many thanks
Reply 70
Original post by helpmeplease101
Thank you, sorry what does AED stand for?

Many thanks

Advertising elasticity of demand I assume :smile:
Original post by Laura961
Advertising elasticity of demand I assume :smile:

YES ^
Reply 72
I really don't understand standard deviation/normal distribution!
What's the likelihood of it coming up tomorrow?

Also, sampling errors may come up, I have a strange feeling!
Original post by SonaS123
I really don't understand standard deviation/normal distribution!
What's the likelihood of it coming up tomorrow?

Also, sampling errors may come up, I have a strange feeling!

As the maths is only worth 4 marks I think it's quite unlikely that'll come up, but now that I've said it probably will! Plus the 4 mark question ales relates to the next essay and I have no clue how you'd use that in an essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Standard deviation won't come up, my teacher has friends working for ocr and he told us they're just waiting for the exam board to drop it from the spec
Reply 75
Is this everyone's last exam tomorrow? :smile:
What are the usual grade boundaries for an A in the marketing paper?
Reply 77
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Good luck :smile:
So how did everyone find it? Thought it was a nice exam myself :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending