Turn on thread page Beta

How do I gain weight on my wrists lol? watch

Announcements

My mum says im anorexic just because I said that other girls my age have thinner legs, I have really really skinny wrists and small hips yet have a bit of cellulite on my legs :confused: If I gain weight then it will just all go to my thighs, how can I get thicker wrists and hands, will weights do anything or will I be wasting my time? Im 5ft, 6 stone 12 pounds and 20 years old.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You cannot gain weight on a specific area. Your body decides where you store the fat.

ReputationRep:
    you are not anorexic for noting that other people may be thinner than you. if that's the case, there are plenty of 35 stone anorexics sitting at McDonalds. your mother needs a dictionary.

wear lead wrist bands, you will gain lots of weight on your wrists then :p:

i have nothing usefull to say

ReputationRep:
    Weights will build up the muscle but its only really effective on ur biceps and triceps so wudnt make much difference to ur wrists.
    howeva u do sound rly light and u wnt b able 2 build up any muscle at all unless u eat enuf- particularly protein. if u eat sensibly then u shudnt put on 2 much weight- jus enuf to make u look healthy!

ReputationRep:
    You're wrists determine whether you are fat or not. Is fat politically correct these days, jeez!

Roll up your sleeves, hold out your left arm, not take your right hand, rest just below your wrist in your right hand, below the edge of your wrist bones wrap your fingers and thumb around your hand, fingers coming up from one side thumb the other, see if your thumb can touch your middle finger, the one you stick up at charvs, if you cant then you have more body fat than you should, if you can just then thats good, if you're like me and are very skinny and can practically cover the whole of your nail up with your thumb then pick up some weights when you're sober for **** sake!

If really you're skinny, again like me, hold your arm out infront of you squeeze your hand/thist together, so you're nails are curled digging into the top of your hand before the bottom of the fingers you'll see the muscle/lack of in your arm, and you'll see on both arms a muscle on the side facing your body near/where your wrist kind of is. I guess forearm exercises would work this, and cause you to buy a new watch soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKev)
    You're wrists determine whether you are fat or not. Is fat politically correct these days, jeez!

Roll up your sleeves, hold out your left arm, not take your right hand, rest just below your wrist in your right hand, below the edge of your wrist bones wrap your fingers and thumb around your hand, fingers coming up from one side thumb the other, see if your thumb can touch your middle finger, the one you stick up at charvs, if you cant then you have more body fat than you should, if you can just then thats good, if you're like me and are very skinny and can practically cover the whole of your nail up with your thumb then pick up some weights when you're sober for **** sake!

No offence, but...wtf? My thumb reaches the first knuckle of my middle finger when I do that, and can cover the nail of my little finger. And I'm definitely not skinny, I just have very thin wrists.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you're doing it right, lol.

If really you're skinny, again like me, hold your arm out infront of you squeeze your hand/thist together, so you're nails are curled digging into the top of your hand before the bottom of the fingers you'll see the muscle/lack of in your arm, and you'll see on both arms a muscle on the side facing your body near/where your wrist kind of is. I guess forearm exercises would work this, and cause you to buy a new watch soon.
    actually that determines bone size. :rolleyes: idiots these days just know less and less.

ReputationRep:
    I read in a newspaper that the wrist thing tells you whether you are a mesomorph, an endomorph or a ectomorph. I'll dig out the article and add info in an edit in a few minutes.
    [Edit: Okay. "Place your thumb and middle finger around your wrist. If they overlap you are likely to be an ectomorph, just meet indicates mesomorph and if they dont touch, you are probably an endomorph." Basically - and this is really getting quite irrelevant - "Ectomorphs have little body fat and small frames", "Endomorphs have more fat stored around the waist, hips and thighs", and "Mesomorphs have a naturally athletic build".]

(Original post by grace)
    you are not anorexic for noting that other people may be thinner than you. if that's the case, there are plenty of 35 stone anorexics sitting at McDonalds. your mother needs a dictionary.
    Exactly, she said that im having distorpet peceptions of weight or something, im not my BMI is 18.6, which is the lowest end of normal, maybe a bit underweight. I never think about food, what I eat or weigh but I can't understand why I was 7 and half stone at 15/16 and now at 20 im just under 7 stone:confused: I used to do pressups and sit ups at 15 but thats the only difference. Im willing to gain weight overall as long as I don't get more cellulite on my thighs lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    actually that determines bone size. :rolleyes: idiots these days just know less and less.
    Erm, i read it in menshealth magazine.:rolleyes:

I SAID BELOW THE BONE YOU MEASURE

(Original post by OnlyMe!)
    You cannot gain weight on a specific area. Your body decides where you store the fat.
    Thats the problem, I could probably gain about 2 stone and still have the same size wrists.

ReputationRep:
    Your bmi is 15.5 which is extremely underweight.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the problem, I could probably gain about 2 stone and still have the same size wrists.
    the best way to increase your wrist size is by doing the fist push-ups on a hard surface.

Fancy it?

uh I don't get that what do you mean? :p: I can feel a muscle but not see it.

(Original post by violeta)
    Your bmi is 15.5 which is extremely underweight.
    I got 18.6, im 5ft and 6 stone 12 (96 pounds).

ReputationRep:
    must be because i work out, to be honest i was talking ****!

But it's nice to know people listen to my patter

ReputationRep:
    ooo sorry, i thought you were 5ft 6. I have skinny wrists and legs too, i hate it.

ReputationRep:
    My mum says im anorexic just because I said that other girls my age have thinner legs, I have really really skinny wrists and small hips yet have a bit of cellulite on my legs :confused: If I gain weight then it will just all go to my thighs, how can I get thicker wrists and hands, will weights do anything or will I be wasting my time? Im 5ft, 6 stone 12 pounds and 20 years old.

you should not be trying to lose weight. i know because you're short you may not look that skinny and it doesn't mean your anorexic. but yeah...please dont lose weight. you are quite thin as it is. i dont really follow bmi because sometimes it can be inaccurate and if you have a good attitude towards food and you dont starve yourself then you're ok.

i'm 5" 1' and a little over 9 stone and my fingers overlap when i circle my wrist - i have thin wrists but i'm not thin. the size of your wrists dont count for much in terms of whether or not you're healthy.

and dont listen to your mother. sometimes they think they are helping you but really they are just unintentionally giving you a complex. if you truly know you are fine, then thats ok.

also, even skinny people have cellulite. it's not always linked to weight. naomi cambell, nicole kidman, heidi klum and lots of other slim to skinny models and actresses have it as well as ordinary people. i weigh more than those women yet i do not have any cellulite. it can be down to too much alchohol, poor circulation, lack of exercise, bad diet and unfortunately that old ***** genes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2015
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.